Build 290 Feedback Requests for Alpha Testers

JohannaFB

Community Manager
Hello Alpha Testers!

This is a patch with many features and we'd like your feedback especially on the following:

Inventory
There was a fix related to Auction House stacks that came in this patch, fixing some auctions breaking when selling items. This was a change that affects all inventories and we suspect it may break some things.
  • Try transferring items between players, ships, storages, etc. to see if it still works for you
Gravity
This patch added gravity to the game. It is known to currently be a bit volatile and unforgiving so be prepared for some adversities and ship damage. Who will be the first to successfully take off from the moon surface after gravity?

Mining changes
Mining Laser's power consumption issue was fixed, increasing it from 1k to 6k. Additionally, the Ore Collector got an adjustable power consumption field.
  • See how mining feels after these changes
Tutorial
The tutorial includes the first implementation of the Repair Job (which is not available outside tutorial yet) and rewards you a ship, Laborer. The current version ends abruptly, but should give you the ship reward, which appears directly in your ship inventory at the Origin station. The tutorial can be reset from the settings but the rewards will only be given once. Note that you need a mining backpack for the mining job (new players will be getting this automatically from now on).
  • Report any issues or bugs that may occur as you go through the tutorial
Flying and drifting
There was a change related to flying in this patch, which makes ships retain more of their momentum. This results in more drifting while flying, which is dependent on the mass of the ship. We are especially interested in how this feels in ship vs. ship combat.
  • Explore the drifting on ships of varying masses
You can give your feedback and reports on these through F1 or #alpha-feedback on Discord. We appreciate all the testing and reporting you can do! :giggle:

TGess

Well-known endo
- Tutorial: I like it except few points. It should tell you how to use mag boots and how to orientate yourself to the surface. It is not using bolt tool at all which is the most used tool of them all. Repair job could be using cable and pipe tool as well. You should get counter on how many vasamas and roids you have to process. - Gravity: It is clearly not done. It is fun and all but it works in a weird way.

- Drift: So far its terrible... from fun fighter like combat of Starwars we moved in to horror of not having control over your ships, driffting hundreds of meters hitting everything along the way, if we ever fight on the moon or in the asteroid field everyone will just crash... piloting skills are useless if the ship slides along like slime one an ice field. IF premium FCU could compensate for the drift and you would use that for combat ships, it would make more sense. Also it would make more sense if density of materials was done properly not like your ships is made from pure lead. It makes the game even slower and more grindy, especially mining.

- Mining changes: they are very nice, mining roids is reasonably faster than with just pickaxe and it you have to make bigger ship to be able to support this advanced machinery. Problem is we have only starter level asteroids and you have to mine sooo many of them. BRING SIZE 8-9 back!

- Inventory: so far worst inventory system I have seen in any game in 20 years. I have about 2000 single stack of ore instead of having 15 stacked stacks. There is no sorting no tabs, just turn on and off categories that don't even make any sense. Like why is durability tool not in the same category as other tools.

- Economy: not done

sweer

Active endo
so gravities reallllly broken as seen here when I tried to land an asteroid on the moon