Stations disappointing?

No shared storage and ways to organize it for your company mates to depo, craft from.
No landing pad like the pre made stations.
No respawn terminal like you find on the premade stations.
Factories don't seem to do anything.

So what's the point in a station?

Venombrew

Master endo
I think that you can place reconstruction machines on stations... Maybe not yet. I don't know.
i think you would be able to put those inside of lots, i could be wrong tho. but i also vaguely remember reading something about the RC Machines being a primary respawn on Cap Ships. if im wrong on that let me know.

I'm sure you could, but the lot designer is disabled right now.
Is this why nothing happens when I build a space station? I put the block down, pushed the button, waited out the 10 minutes and... nothing.

Is there something I can build to get the station designer panel to show up? Really confused about what direction to go on the space station at this point.

I was thinking I have to get the 'halls' research first and then maybe that will let me place the big building with the panel in it?

shado20

Veteran endo
the thing that makes me mad is that i wanna make a station like starting stations. but we get some untested hybrid broken easy build mode crap....

Amos.37

Veteran endo
The stations currently need a lot of work done to make them functional.
All throughout the CA they were varying degrees of broken, so a lot of bugs and features still need to be worked out in EA.
Unfortunately all I can say for the time being is, remember it's still an alpha build. Be patient.

I really don't know. I haven't messed with stations much at all. I think that they are only editable via easy-build mode currently.
Correct, EZB mode has improved a noticeable amount but it still has some bugs. Stations other than storage and a meeting point are a tad disappointing. The best thing you can do is slap some modules on it, a few beams and spruce up the place for when it becomes a more functional system.

shado20

Veteran endo
the old station design was wow a big station. now with easy build mode stations, they will be small and unimpressive. kills the name of the game some!

*FS*

Well-known endo
I agree with the player that said shame we can't share inventory on stations takes away from playing with friends.

Venombrew

Master endo
i think the stations are working just fine(with a few hickups), i have started my second station which is going faster and better than my first. other than operator hang ups(due to my own fault not the game), im having a blast with it all. Factory is laying down quite nicely, i enjoyed very much today's patch that cleaned up the crafting stuff. and i dont build in simple form, i like complicated structures so i have been really testing what i can and can't do and i have found it to be pretty satisfying so far. each week the patches make it that much better, my crew have access to their own storage on my stations, while we dont share the ore directly through the stations we do have individual storages that they can drop off without me being there and continue working if need be. we leave a couple cargo ships with 40+ storage to share the materials from each other storage so we found a quite easy workaround.

not sure why people are having crazy issues like above but the 2 dozen i talk to in the game don't have any of these problems. and be honest i just don't have any idea on how to help, i could say double check your bolting when your not laying modules and make sure you dont have floaters when not laying modules, those 2 things can destroy a station and ship.

Last edited:

shado20

Veteran endo
this game was sold as starbase.
not starforts
i wana build a base like this
Screenshot 2021-06-11 09.28.10.png

not some disappointing station crap we now get

stations went from awesome and epic to disappointing

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
Tech and feature wise the end goal of stations is those massive stations for players too. There's still a lot of work to do, but also a lot of features are being worked on.

I'll open the station development process in a separate post within the next week or so.

shado20

Veteran endo
Tech and feature wise the end goal of stations is those massive stations for players too. There's still a lot of work to do, but also a lot of features are being worked on.

I'll open the station development process in a separate post within the next week or so.
still would like to see this station development process.
current space bungalows are broken, ships parked at them get thrown out into space randomly, and the factory's will at random delete everything you put in them! at this point there is no ability to live out of origin...

shado20

Veteran endo

still would like to see this station development process.

this game was sold as starbase.
not starforts
i wana build a base like this

not some disappointing station crap we now get

stations went from awesome and epic to disappointing

You know that originally the game was called Starship but then they ran into trademarking and copyright problems...?

shado20

Veteran endo
You know that originally the game was called Starship but then they ran into trademarking and copyright problems...?
so i still would like to know where this game is going with these disappointing game braking stations.
look the problem with the current station crap is its not hard to make a space cube, and we need capital ships to attack a space cube... we dont need to defend the current station crap as all we need to go as a team is spam space cubes all over 1 area. if an attack comes in, we move space cube assets to the adjacent space cube and they attack a semi worthless space cube. pvp would be not fun as home team would have safe zones all over to dip into and out of. by making this space cube, they are killing there own game. with the large station like origin , it takes teamwork to make, this is fun, you belong to something better than you and your 2 friends. it makes the station worth fighting over as it takes time to build. the space cubs jest dont have this! the game in CA is way different then it is now and its a disappointing difference!

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
PTU already has larger stations, and it's still going to be much larger from that. Weekly progress notes outline the progress as well.