Custom Easy Build Modules Idea

ZombieMouse

Well-known endo
I posted this on the Steam forums, but was told to post it here instead, under penalty of a too-close encounter.
==========

A friend from my faction suggested something which I thought was a really good idea. I wonder what you all think of it also?:

At the moment we can save modules in the designer to use in designer. But would it not be cool if we could save modules in designer for use by all faction members in the Easy Build hall?

This would have a few benefits:
  • Experienced players could help new players by making amazing modules that they could then use in Easy Build without knowing how to use the Ship Designer.

• It gives people a reason to join different factions and swap factions a bit. If you know one faction has a really cool module you might join that faction for a week just to use their modules for a ship.

• It is user-generated content, so FrozenByte don't have to take responsibility for continually adding more Easy Build modules.

• Even Easy Build ships will be unique, so new players and player who don't like the Ship Designer can feel like their ship is cool.

• Faction ships might be identifiable just by their look even if only made in Easy Build.

• Colours!

• Modules made of different or mixed materials.

So, what do you think? Any other benefits to this, or potential issues?

You can save modules as blueprints. Distribute them in your faction. People than can print them and attach to own ships. It almost no difference to Easy Build (except potential snapping problems).

ZombieMouse

Well-known endo
That is a fine work-around. We do that already in our faction.

What is being suggested is to allow them to be used directly in Easy Build to help players who might find that mode easier to use.

shado20

Veteran endo
way better idea is to scrap the easy build hall... lol

what would make everything easier is to have all easy build modals in a folder in the SSC so new players can easy make a ship in the SSC.
as for factions, we could have a shared folder of modals that is available to all faction members along with our privet modals.

way better idea is to scrap the easy build hall... lol
It's kind of off topic, but Easy Build do its job, it introduces new players to shipbuilding. Once they are hooked, people start using Starship Designer and forget that Easy Build exists. I think it perfectly fits its role, no need for change.

*FS*

Well-known endo
It's kind of off topic, but Easy Build do its job, it introduces new players to shipbuilding. Once they are hooked, people start using Starship Designer and forget that Easy Build exists. I think it perfectly fits its role, no need for change.
I agree players from Space Engineers, Station Engineers are use to working with and building with boxes gives them a chance to build till they get the courage to get their feet wet in ship designer. exactly what you side just my 2 cents lmao

Last edited:

*FS*

Well-known endo
I posted this on the Steam forums, but was told to post it here instead, under penalty of a too-close encounter.
==========

A friend from my faction suggested something which I thought was a really good idea. I wonder what you all think of it also?:

At the moment we can save modules in the designer to use in designer. But would it not be cool if we could save modules in designer for use by all faction members in the Easy Build hall?

This would have a few benefits:
  • Experienced players could help new players by making amazing modules that they could then use in Easy Build without knowing how to use the Ship Designer.

• It gives people a reason to join different factions and swap factions a bit. If you know one faction has a really cool module you might join that faction for a week just to use their modules for a ship.

• It is user-generated content, so FrozenByte don't have to take responsibility for continually adding more Easy Build modules.

• Even Easy Build ships will be unique, so new players and player who don't like the Ship Designer can feel like their ship is cool.

• Faction ships might be identifiable just by their look even if only made in Easy Build.

• Colours!

• Modules made of different or mixed materials.

So, what do you think? Any other benefits to this, or potential issues?
I think it's a great idea hope they use it.

CalenLoki

Master endo
I like the idea. Especially for stations, as those don't have the equivalent of SSC, and need to be build gradually rather than printed all at once.