Plz add FAST INFANTRY GAMEPLAY

alfa2

Learned-to-sprint endo
We need more pplz. This game in current state take a lot of time.
A lot of pplz dont have sow much time.

I am suggesting just to add unique zone with base\bases with alot of zones and spawn points
where players fighting with personal weapons
and trying to control some points of the base
and get some money
which they can spend on ammo

and where 'no life players' can user theirs ships to help or not too for ground troops and make fight more spectacular

Last edited:

MrFaul

Well-known endo
First: this is supposed to be MMORPG and it lives on it to be a time sink.
It's more about the community/social building aspect.
So no it's not the kind of game you think it is.

Second: that is already in the game, not really in a usable state but it's here and it's called siege.

alfa2

Learned-to-sprint endo
that is already in the game
are you kidding? there is not,
TO ABLE TO SIEGE you need CAP ship - To build one you need more then HUNDEDS OF HOURS IN THIS GAME :)
OFCOUSE you can join company with cap ship that CAN SIEGE.
SIEGE IS AVIABLE ONLY for 9 hours at weak for NOT MY SCHEDULE.
What is defenetly not a fast gameplay for pplz that have life, work and more important MONEY and at max only 1-2 hours per day.

The shooter engine in STARBASE is already working good - so why not to let pplz just fight for something, that does not break the
mmo concept of the game?

Last edited:

MrFaul

Well-known endo
Than as sad as it is Starbase won't give you what you want.
It is not a shooter!.

Investing time in that niche gameplay aspect that isn't a major part of this game right now would be a face punch to larges parts of the community that want nothing more than the creative aspects of the game.
That is far off form being functional and some aspects are barley usable.

XenoCow

Master endo
There is a station very close to the origin stations "Robur" that is intended for fighting. Additionally, I hear that the trip between the moon-side warpgate and the moon city sees a lot of action. You have to provide your own ships, but both those places might be worth checking out if you want some quick action.

alfa2

Learned-to-sprint endo
That is still not a fast gameplay.
My idea is to add some infantry gameplay at some unique location that mean something globally. And where every one can fight almost from start.
Soon inventory will fall from dead bodies. That is good for infantry fights. Weapons it is good reward for infantry fights.

pavvvel

Veteran endo
To do this, devs need to remove the 3-person view from the game. It spoils pvp, because the player can hide behind a wall and look around the corner without looking out. This turns pvp into a garbage dump

alfa2

Learned-to-sprint endo
To do this, devs need to remove the 3-person view from the game.
alot of games stay playable with 3d view. I am agreed that 3d view change gameplay.. but any way it is easy to turn it off :). And i guess 3d view can be allowed in safe zones..

XenoCow

Master endo
alot of games stay playable with 3d view. I am agreed that 3d view change gameplay.. but any way it is easy to turn it off :). And i guess 3d view can be allowed in safe zones..
Or even to disable it during sieges since that is the only part of the game that will be competitive (plus the only time where there will be much infantry combat).

pavvvel

Veteran endo
doesn't change it, it kills it.
Of course you can turn it off, but the opponent won't do it, because the third-person view gives the player an advantage.

shado20

Veteran endo
this kind of game-play was killed when they changed from origin stations to easy bug mode stations. the new stations are too small to have any battle field to fight over.

alfa2

Learned-to-sprint endo
this kind of game-play was killed when they changed from origin stations to easy bug mode stations. the new stations are too small to have any battle field to fight over.
That is another game play. Siege.
I mean that we need that random location(mb random station) without safe zones with some items to fight for. Example is autonomous excavation site - that generate resources from time to time.. and a lot of spawn point that can be captured and recaptured outside