Death Star?

I'm kind of surprise that no talking about building a Death Star. I know that everyone talking about more important things like how to take over a station or how safe zone works but I kind of expected more people to be talking about the type of stations people were gonna build. So I want to see what types of station you guys would build.

Vexus

Master endo
Someone will probably chime in and mention the untold decades it took to make the Death Star, which is probably why no one is planning to build one. The Halo project is about as reasonably big as I could see happening.

Then again, making a spherical ship and calling it the Death Star might get you some nice sales!

Guedez

Learned-to-sprint endo
Since it's a sphere, the outer layer can be made out of 1-3 mass produces shapes.
So could the Halo. Mega projects are not so mega if we can get some automation going, it all depends on how automated we can make things

yeah... like if we could automate miners that would carry astroids to a zone where they get chopped into pices and refines the stuff, transferrs it to a factory that build big plates for the outer armor, wich will then again be transferred to the place where 3 players build the deathstar... if stuff like that can be automated its allmost like some strategy games xD

Burnside

Master endo
I'm kind of surprise that no talking about building a Death Star. I know that everyone talking about more important things like how to take over a station or how safe zone works but I kind of expected more people to be talking about the type of stations people were gonna build. So I want to see what types of station you guys would build.
Stations are immobile when docked to their "station core" and no superweapons exist, sooo, a mobile battlestation is more or less impossible. Now, on the other hand, a "capital ship" made mostly out of station-sized parts to flex the largest possible volume-per-parts-count is still possible though we'll have to wait and see how feasible that might be.

sweer

Active endo
a death star will most likely happen theres most likely going to be a war faction/pirate faction doing it so they dont have to worry about what there doing being discovered at a station

Tumbla

Well-known endo
Got an idea of a station built out of mini death stars. With each sphere being a dedicated station with it's own specialty all connected.

if you build one, be sure to mount miniguns instead of death ray, because storm troopers have no aim.

get it?

Amos.37

Veteran endo
For whoever does attempt to build one, just remember to include an access way from the surface to the highly fragile core, and a chain reaction process that will destroy the whole station if (when) it get's hit by some lucky torpedo.

To quote Blatto: "Uh, it's like it's got a self-destruct button. What kind of idiot would design that!"

Or, learning from the flaws of the first design, build one with an even bigger access way, so large, an entire starship can fit inside...

Someone will probably chime in and mention the untold decades it took to make the Death Star, which is probably why no one is planning to build one. The Halo project is about as reasonably big as I could see happening.

Then again, making a spherical ship and calling it the Death Star might get you some nice sales!
Funny enough you could make a death star... But the way to do it is you'd need to build layers upon layers upon layers with "highways" to facilitate the ability to travel in and out to even do this. Could possibly do this with the beginning station.

THUMBWeek44_Starbase_vertical_bridge_station_30_1.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

sweer

Active endo
Funny enough you could make a death star... But the way to do it is you'd need to build layers upon layers upon layers with "highways" to facilitate the ability to travel in and out to even do this. Could possibly do this with the beginning station.
Im sorry highways? Like little bridges to each sphere Like Tumbla said?

Im sorry highways? Like little bridges to each sphere Like Tumbla said?
What else would need space to travel into the core of such a station besides ships? I know there’s a travel system and walkways but imagine having to go from the centre to the exterior on foot or by the travel route?

sweer

Active endo
I see yes, but another question is would this count has a station or could you make this in the ship editor which is yet to be revealed

I'd probably go to with station, Imagine having that thing trying to move around lol. R I P everythang.

Verbatos

Veteran endo
I think you could probably build a large-scale ship made from station parts (without the station core of course), then equip it with a long-range mining laser array and some other kind of turrets for point defence around the ship.
It would probably take a lot less time to build than the star wars death star, since you could just build it out of station parts rather than having to attach each tiny little thing.

sweer

Active endo
This makes me wonder if someone can just make a ball of rail cannons and when an enemy ship nears it gets instantly obliterated by the shear amount of projectiles