A free station

Wicca

Well-known endo
Ever since I heard about this game I wanted to make a sort of "free" station, that had like a sort of neutral approach and inception in its core. People could sell and buy whatever they wanted, or meet up for missions or quests there.

Would it be possible to do that relatively safely?

K-T0N

Learned-to-sprint endo
Since player-built station cannot at the moment have the "no fighting" field of larger non-player built ones, I doubt it can be achieved… As of now.

Mito

Well-known endo
Ever since I heard about this game I wanted to make a sort of "free" station, that had like a sort of neutral approach and inception in its core. People could sell and buy whatever they wanted, or meet up for missions or quests there.

Sounds like the sort of station where black market trade would happen

Benno

Learned-to-sprint endo

well... sounds like the standard spawn station, so I don't know if it would be viable. Oh, and you can't build stations, atleast at launch of early access.

Wicca

Well-known endo
I don't know if it would be possible to achieve with the rules in-game, if there are any anti-attack functions or similar. But it would be awesome if it was, I would play the shit out of that :D

It's exceedingly difficult to offer up that sort of existence without some sort of community-wide agreement. Basically operated by a faction who is enemy to none and friendly to all, with the understanding that the space is safe no matter how you might feel about the person docked next to you. Your best bet to achieve this is to create some sort of United Nations in space, or become a medical facility. Even then you're not likely to hit the 100% mark, as there will always be someone willing to break the rules for their own gain. I'd back it up and help defend it, but it sure is a daunting task.

Wicca

Well-known endo
I will probably lean on the developers creating non-attacking functions for us. Idunno we will see.

Variabug

Well-known endo
Didn't we already try making a Space UN that destroyed itself almost immediately? And the Devs are talking about player-made safe zones. But sounds like it would need to be done with several factions.

Tumbla

Well-known endo
Player made stations could be made with large faction alliances, if the game is anything like EVE with the pvp and conquest it will be possible.

Morrgard

Master endo
As great as it sounds I don't think you would be able to maintain one. A freeport would become a huge target without anything like a safezone

DrunkRussianBear

Chancellor of the Argentavian Federation
As great as it sounds I don't think you would be able to maintain one. A freeport would become a huge target without anything like a safezone
It would work with multi-faction co-operation, otherwise I don't know how you'd pull it off.

Wicca

Well-known endo
I'll keep trying Mr.Bear.. Until there is no longer life in me.. I'll never cease until I cease. It's a waking aking hunger to do, to manage, to be one with the station...

*looks into nothingness*

I am ready, send me to space so I can finally create a free station, free of loyalty, faction and preference. A place where all is equal..

I would love to do that..

DrunkRussianBear

Chancellor of the Argentavian Federation
I'll keep trying Mr.Bear.. Until there is no longer life in me.. I'll never cease until I cease. It's a waking aking hunger to do, to manage, to be one with the station...

*looks into nothingness*

I am ready, send me to space so I can finally create a free station, free of loyalty, faction and preference. A place where all is equal..

I would love to do that..
Hey at the end of the day if it doesn't work the Federation is here to help, just hit me up on discord and I'm sure something can be sorted.