About ship's moving parts

Will we be able to have moving parts while flying ? For example, if I have fixed thrusters on a rotating part of the ship, will we be able to make this part move when controlling our ship instead of sending an order straight to the thruster ?

Variabug

Well-known endo
Will we be able to have moving parts while flying ? For example, if I have fixed thrusters on a rotating part of the ship, will we be able to make this part move when controlling our ship instead of sending an order straight to the thruster ?
You will not be able to put thrusters onto turntables. I asked. Apparently it doesn't work. I was sad because I wanted to make a space V-22 Osprey.

Benno

Learned-to-sprint endo
We have to worry about structural integrity though, too much stress on a hinge will probably make it break

We have to worry about structural integrity though, too much stress on a hinge will probably make it break
There's always the option of adding more hinges, but at what point does it take away from visual look? Especially with a VTOL like craft

DirtyBoyFrey

Well, about the point of thrusters on turntables. *Directly* adding thrusters to turntables is a no go. You'd need to have a small support structure that can be quickly bolted and unbolted automatically, such as by using the robot arm with a bolter attachment. The thruster would not be able to activate while it is being moved, because if it does odds are it will rip the entire turntable off.

Though, that's not exactly guaranteed. I'm not entirely sure if it would work, and odds are they'll probably make it more possible to do stuff like that in the future.

Kenetor

Master endo
Devs have said the engines need to be bolted to the main framework of the ship, while disappointing as i wanted rotating thrusters too, I can see why they are doing it from a design aspect

Morrgard

Master endo
moving parts, yes
Can you move all the parts? No, not thrusters and surely other things too.
Will you be able to eventually? Maybe?
You can do a bunch of things though, except ospreys, at least for a start

You will not be able to put thrusters onto turntables. I asked. Apparently it doesn't work. I was sad because I wanted to make a space V-22 Osprey.
Sigh, I wanted to make something looking like Kruger's Raven ship from the movie Elysium, thanks for your answer :(

Morrgard

Master endo
If anything I would like to create a nice hangar system where you walk on catwalks and get in vessels left and right and have like a... hanging hangar so to speak, could do this with moving parts I imagine, drop em by the hangar doors

Commissar Awesome

Learned-to-sprint endo
Would it be possible to have a platform on rails that can disconnect from a power cable and reconnect with another cable at a different location?

Morrgard

Master endo
Would it be possible to have a platform on rails that can disconnect from a power cable and reconnect with another cable at a different location?
I'm not entirely sure how you mean, you should be able to connect the cables perfectly fine without having to disconnect them.

If you mean different grids though I'm fairly certain you would be able to, it would just be to unlock whatever is on the rail and move it over with maneuvering thrusters.