Any special materials?

Gknees

Well-known endo
will developers add any cheap (maybe not) very light material almost without armor and structural durability just for a decorative purposes?

XenoCow

Master endo
There are plenty of materials to fill different rolls now. As for the cost, you could probably try to buy light materials from a station where they are abundant to get the cheapest prices. Any material could be cheap if you can source it propperly... or steal it.

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
There are plenty of materials to fill different rolls now. As for the cost, you could probably try to buy light materials from a station where they are abundant to get the cheapest prices. Any material could be cheap if you can source it propperly... or steal it.
I like the sound of the latter

Gknees

Well-known endo
the cost is not important it even can be very high. I interested in really light materials with like 2-3 density

Quinc

Well-known endo
https://wiki.starbasegame.com/index.php/Materials
Includes tables
There are a lot of materials with a density around 9.95 kg/kV. Bastium and Valkite are not particularly lightweight, but would be the material for decorations. A couple that are 8.6, one potentially expensive one that is 7 kg/kv. Introducing something new that is extremely lightweight is a possibility but not a priority. Hmm, maybe they could introduce an alloy called "foam insulation" that resists heat and corrosion but not weapons.

CalenLoki

Master endo
I'd just make Ajatite around 3-5kg/l, and further reduce it's durability.
Also it has no direct use due to current properties.
Even once we can make glass out of it, it hardly justifies making it the most common material in the belt.

Decoration material should be light, cheap and common, so we get a lot of decorated ships. Ajatite fits perfectly.