Asteroids with multiple types of ores

Currently, I see that if a small ship required an amount of ore material, you could get that amount easily from 1-3 asteroids containing that ore, depending on the material, and infact for Charodium where you might need 30 stacks, I think you can get them from 1 or 2 large asteroids(30000kv maybe? idk) so based on this it doesnt sound like mining for ship construction requires much effort. However, the problem is finding those asteroids to begin with, and deeper into the belt it might not be that much of a problem for rare ores, but I still dont like that kind of gameplay where my time spent might have been completely wasted, in this case if I did not find a material I was looking for.
So my suggestion is, instead of providing one type of ore per asteroids, maybe we can have at least one more, and the current total amount of kv can be divided between them, whether equally or not. For example, I could have an asteroid with 80% charodium and 20% kutonium. I generally do not need as much kutonium as I could get from an average asteroid, so that 20% might be enough for my ship, and then I don't have to spend as much time as I would searching for a whole kutonium asteroid. The total amount of kv per material could be the same in the belt, but they are distributed so that there is a higher chance of finding each kv of rare ores. This could be really helpful for finding rare ores like xalium and corazium.

Last edited:

Verbatos

Veteran endo
I'd also say that rather than randomising the types of ore in the same asteroid, you could have certain ores which "grow" together, similar to how certain metals and crystals grow near and around each other in real life. It would also be good to zone these things into veins of asteroids to allow for consistent mining of certain materials and to cut back on the amount of pointless asteroid checking that currently needs to be done to find the material you want.