Can we get the guns, fuel rods, and tool shops back?

We have this huge market place, and a need for fuel rods, but there's no place readily available to obtain them. This is quite the change from alpha, and I don't really like it.

I understand wanting people to craft parts, and such, but all of the liquid mechanisms of the market are seemingly completely gone now. Its very frustrating for me, much less the new players.

Aha

Veteran endo
Yes. I spent 10 minutes going around in the shop and wondering where to buy things seeing them on display but not finding anything to interact with. The frustration was real. Fake fantasies again, I already made a post mentioning lies, and we get more lies right into our face at the launch. Come on guys! Come on!

Venombrew

Master endo
uh what lie? if you would actually pay attention to the information as they released it, they done said:
Stations and Cities
  • Origin stations have been updated in preparation for EA: gameplay and station positions + rotations configured
  • Shop terminals have been removed, except Auction House, Armor shop, Sell terminals and Spaceship shops
  • Spaceship shops have been added to Origins' Fast travel gate, and removed from the other gates
  • Names have been added for all station parts
  • Laborer added to Sunny Ship Center
we already knew they were removing the shops because they want us crafting, creating the content, to trade, sell on auction house, sell out of station lots. what is the point of station lots if you can just go buy what you need from terminal? what is the point of an auction house if you can just buy it from a terminal? what is the point in a crafting tree and research tree if all you have to do is grind ore sell it and buy what you want from a terminal? as for lies, they never lied, your just mad cause you got to actually do something. tool shops would be nice but if you know anything about mmo or games with economies, the players have to set the economy first and if npcs cater to all their needs, then the other aspects are pointless.

Aha

Veteran endo
uh what lie? if you would actually pay attention to the information as they released it, they done said:

we already knew they were removing the shops because they want us crafting, creating the content, to trade, sell on auction house, sell out of station lots. what is the point of station lots if you can just go buy what you need from terminal? what is the point of an auction house if you can just buy it from a terminal? what is the point in a crafting tree and research tree if all you have to do is grind ore sell it and buy what you want? as for lies, they never lied, your just mad cause you got to actually do something.
:D
Having stuff being displayed in a shop but not being able to buy them is a lie. :whistle:

Venombrew

Master endo
dont worry Aha, game is out, we will eventually run into each other, hopefully its not under the protection of a safe zone.

Caddrel

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
While the research tree is badly implemented & balanced, the player-run economy approach is actually working very well (so far).

You can access the AH from the space around the station with comma (,)

It saves walking all the way in every time.

Ya, I just leaned about the comma ability.

The early game is definitely punishing. The ship bugs aren't helping. The player economy in the long run will be great. Right now we're just all in similar spots so we can't benefit from those who are ahead as much.

Also, the U tool displays for ship durability don't work on other peoples ships it seems. Idk why the tool itself is gone.

You can research and make fuel rods in about 45 minutes of gameplay... It's dead easy.

I've never seen as much complaining and whining at the start of a game as I have with this one. People have really become absolutely helpless.

Cavilier210

Master endo
You can research and make fuel rods in about 45 minutes of gameplay... It's dead easy.

I've never seen as much complaining and whining at the start of a game as I have with this one. People have really become absolutely helpless.

I was an alpha tester. All of this is new, and none of it is explained. Perhaps it is, because the tutorial breaks for many, but when I made this post, I had no idea.

Venombrew

Master endo
@Cavilier210 my posts where never directed towards you Cav, it was for others who were freaking out over day 1 open alpha. your right we didnt have any knowledge of the research tree for the purpose of making it more fair between the new players and those of us in CA. if we would of had this tree in CA we would have a huge advantage over new players which would of been pretty unfair.

Cavilier210

Master endo
Which is a great point. But it does limit our ability to help new players. Double edged sword. The research tutorial breaking it probably a good part of why we were all in the dark more than we needed to be.

STEALTH

Well-known endo
This subject is an interesting one; I do like the idea of the fully player driven deal but I miss a full Marketplace shopping experience. I don't know about having the infinite bot supply back. I had did a Reddit post suggesting separating the items being sold to the various shops so folks actually shop in those places. So the selling would still be at the AH but to buy you'd go to the respective shops and see what's being sold so it remains player driven but the shops are not sitting dead/pointless.

BadgerBadger

Well-known endo
Well I did miss the shops, doing something simple like getting bolt ammo was hard on EA release. I was crafting modules just to steal the bolts for the first day until bolt ammo hit the AH.

I came to the realization that the shop where not the issue, the issue was that I needed them. In the end I did the grind (making useless items I had no use for) just to unlock basic tools (cable tool, pipe tool, bolt tool ammo) which I believe you should really have started with.