Code of Conduct. Is it works at Elysium side?

Why I'm asking this? Oh, you all know what happening now at moon gate at Elysium side. I don't think that it's a something bad, just an activity, that, actually, lack in this game. But I just need to clarify only one thing about code of conduct.

Situation: we want to pass our hauler through gate, but gate campers are annoying us all around. We get our small ships to drive them away. If we get too close to them, campers flies away very fast and crying, that they will report to admins for ramming their ships. I became interested and checked the Code of Conduct. Indeed, there is a clause prohibiting the ramming of other people's ships. As well as camping on the border of the safe zone. I was little confused, but then I've noticed, that this rules relates to Origin Safe Zone, not to Elysium!

So, I just want to clarify: if camping at Elysium side is allowed, is there ramming allowed? Can we use this tactic to annoying campers at the Gate?

Askannon

Veteran endo
Same question came in another thread (don't know if steam discussions or here) and it would appear so, but I'd also refer to point 6) of the conduct:
You may not intentionally partake in behavior that detracts from others’ enjoyment of the game that goes outside of the normal flow of gameplay. This includes actions intended specifically to cause grief (‘griefing’), such as repeatedly ramming a spaceship inside the safezone, attempting to block market terminals, attempting to blockade spawn and despawn zones within an active safezone, etcetera.
But I'd say that as this is a normal extension of gameplay (unarmed ships going for the ram against armed ships, especially if it is to hinder those armed ships from following the more precious ships), as is lurking around the gate to find prey when doing so at the Origin SZ Border is both unfruitful and frowned upon.
Though I hope a dev could shed some light on this, as this would be my interpretation (and if multiple people can reach this opinion then the code of conduct might need rewording if this is not an intended outcome)

Do I understand correctly that you want to deliberately ram ships in a safe zone to hinder the gameplay of other players? To be honest, it is a very strange occupation, which I would call grifing in the most direct and original sense of the word.

I'm shocked there's campers at the gate, might have test my new machine i've been chipping away at while we wait for updates

Do I understand correctly that you want to deliberately ram ships in a safe zone to hinder the gameplay of other players? To be honest, it is a very strange occupation, which I would call grifing in the most direct and original sense of the word.
Rule 29 of Code of Conduct:
You may not attempt to deceive, scam, or beguile users within the Origin station safezones, to any extent at any time. This includes, but is not limited to, the following types of scams:

• Mining permits
• Warp gate passes
• Tricking new users into exiting the safezone with the express intent of griefing
• Any such behavior that specifically targets new players in order to take advantage of their naïveté or lack of game knowledge

Rule 33 of Code of Conduct:
You may not camp at the edge of the Origin safezone or attempt to lure users beyond the Origin safezone in order to bypass any of these rules.
It is my understanding that camping at the gate violates these points of the rules. So it means that Code of Conduct not working at Elysium side. So, why should I follow rules?

In any case, if you explain to me why camping is allowed, but ramming is not, I will not use prohibited methods of fighting campers.

You cite the rules from the "Origin Network Security Zone" block, the rams are also marked in paragraph 6 of the rules without binding specifically to the origin zone. Moreover, a battering ram in a safe zone in this paragraph of the rules serves as an example to illustrate actions specifically aimed at causing grief ("grief").

Believe me, the guys at the gate will be happy if the ban on ramming ships in the safe zone is lifted. This is especially true of the lunar city. I think the city will become the most dangerous "safe" zone in the game xD.
1638473465936.png

Аnd no, I guess camping at the gate doesn't violate the rules you specified, because occurs many thousands of kilometers away from the safe zone of origin.

Last edited:
Ok, I see now. Anyway, it's strange situation. I understand why collision in City safe zone has been added, but why they expanded this zone to space, if there no way to crash on surface? So, the fun part of game begins, thanks :)

Ok, I see now. Anyway, it's strange situation. I understand why collision in City safe zone has been added, but why they expanded this zone to space, if there no way to crash on surface? So, the fun part of game begins, thanks :)
Probably to avoid situations with ships pushing out of the safe zone or attempts to block ships. Many points of the rules seem a little strange to me, but the ban on ramming is one of the few with which I agree 100%.

So how does it go with forcing a kindergarten rules in a sandbox mmo ? Did player numbers dip below 200 at peak yet ?

Hmm, what's the acronym for Small Scale Multiplayer Online game ? SSMO ?

Last edited:

pavvvel

Veteran endo
Rule 29 of Code of Conduct:
Rule 33 of Code of Conduct:

It is my understanding that camping at the gate violates these points of the rules. So it means that Code of Conduct not working at Elysium side. So, why should I follow rules?
In any case, if you explain to me why camping is allowed, but ramming is not, I will not use prohibited methods of fighting campers.
Players who block warp gates do not violate any of the rules. Just like killing a player - there is nothing wrong with that and it does not violate the rules.
Players who ram players in the safe zone, causing damage, are using an exploit and must be punished.

No one is stopping you from making warships and kicking the campers out of the warp gate.

I believe that Players can play roleplay and ask you for money for going through the warp gate. If this is forbidden by the rules, then we should discuss changing the rules because it kills the roleplay.

Can I borrow some salt?

The game doesn't have low player count because of these rules, thats nonsense.
Sorry to disappoint but I got enough of salt from noobs at release and left. You can catch me up on the next one tho.

dustyFB

Certified Coolest Community Manager and Admin
Frozenbyte
Why I'm asking this? Oh, you all know what happening now at moon gate at Elysium side. I don't think that it's a something bad, just an activity, that, actually, lack in this game. But I just need to clarify only one thing about code of conduct.

Situation: we want to pass our hauler through gate, but gate campers are annoying us all around. We get our small ships to drive them away. If we get too close to them, campers flies away very fast and crying, that they will report to admins for ramming their ships. I became interested and checked the Code of Conduct. Indeed, there is a clause prohibiting the ramming of other people's ships. As well as camping on the border of the safe zone. I was little confused, but then I've noticed, that this rules relates to Origin Safe Zone, not to Elysium!

So, I just want to clarify: if camping at Elysium side is allowed, is there ramming allowed? Can we use this tactic to annoying campers at the Gate?
Heyo o/ While that section does apply specifically to the Origin safezone network (which we do not consider the moon's warpgate to fall under), we do have more general anti-grief rules that apply to all safezones, which you can find in the first section at #6. We'll probably need to revisit some of the language used in order to clarify the different protections, but ramming a ship inside the moon gate's safezone would certainly be considered actionable.

How do you define "ramming" ?

What I fall asleep while warping due to this process being... less interactive, my ship comes out on the moon end and starts falling. Then it collides with someone sitting there for whatever reason. Do I get penalized ?

How do we distinct between those cases and someone deliberately ramming a ship ? Will there be an investigation committee ? Can players have a defense and may they appeal the rulings ?

ChaosRifle

Veteran endo
What I fall asleep while warping due to this process being... less interactive, my ship comes out on the moon end and starts falling. Then it collides with someone sitting there for whatever reason. Do I get penalized ?
Highly unlikely, Frozenbyte thusfar seems to take it on a warning system. based on what I have seen so far I guess that:
Intentional or not, if reported, is probably just a warning or two. Further reports from unaffiliated parties though would be investigation/action taken due to the unlikelyhood of that number of impacts being a result of sleeping.

For real, ramming through campers should be considered gameplay and not against a rule. If it's outside origin, it should be a fair tactic.

It's safe zone combat. It's silly to believe this is in any way manageable in a large population as a rule to enforce.

Plus, it's sweet justice to grief griefers.