CONCEPT Medium Fighter/ Dive Bomber/ Attack Aircraft || Updated: RAM F/A-88 Henker

five

Master endo
It's me with another concept.
This time it is no civlian grade ship, but a military one. Concept is simple: A Space Craft in a shape like the McDonnel Douglas F-15: You would have a nose cockpit, where the air intakes in the F-15 are would be gun pods, each holding 4 Autocannons in 2 large weapon mounts. You would have a wing like structure for batteries and other stuff like Rocket Pods/Torpedo Containers. The tail would be a gun turret on the tail where a gunner can sit in to protect the spacecrafts behind. The turret would probably be armed with to large weapon mounts with 2 Laser cannons each. To each side of the turret are 2 Box Thrusters staged, so that you can create a slope to make it look better. Thoughts and comments on my idea are welcome and I can't wait to hear them.

Your curious fella, five

I have been working on this concept in SE now and have a rough build. For the name: F/A because its a fighter / attack craft, 88 because its 120 mm cannon was inspired by the Junkers Ju 88 P-1 (had a 75 mm cannon for killing tanks) and Henker is the german word for executioner, since i think this ship is well suited for "executing" other ships
In the pictures u can see the rough desighn of the ship. It has generators in his "engine and gun" tubes as well in the center of the craft. Hidden within the wings as promised are batteries at the rear you have 2 turrets, which in SB would be replaced with a manned turret. As far as weaponry goes: The rocket pods next to the cockpit should be swapped for torpedo pods, The machine guns in the front would be replaced with autocannons, as said a turret in the rear, the rocket pods within the wings would be replaced with SB equivalent rocket launchers

Attachments

Last edited:
It's me with another concept.

*stuff regarding the McDonnel Douglas F-15*

Your curious fella, five
So effectively you're pitching a space-only version of the F-15 with some extra armaments and a rear turret. I already have my interest piqued!

five

Master endo
So effectively you're pitching a space-only version of the F-15 with some extra armaments and a rear turret. I already have my interest piqued!
basically you take something that should approximately as powerfull as a A-10 (gunwise) and pack it in a cool shape (like the F-15) and give it a rear turret, because if you have all your fire power pointed towards your front and you have no wingman/no good wingman who is gonna watch your six? That's right a gunner stripped to the ass of your ship with guns pointing towards the enemy