Crafting Benches.. Can't we go smaller?

Wall Mounted Crafting Benches

• Total voters

*FS*

Well-known endo
Crafting Benches on ships..

Pro- We can repair our ships and re-fuel what's needed to be re-fueled.
Con- They are massive.. and to build a ship around just one can turn out large.

To Dev's in no way am i demanding anymore work on you guys then what you already have and i am sure this has already been cover by another play or players.
But! can't we have smaller like wall mounted or something that gets tucked in a corner that does not take up much room?
Something to discuss in a meeting...

Attachments

Venombrew

Master endo
what about universal bench you can unlock once you unlock the mandatory ones? if they dont shrink them maybe a possible combine?

*FS*

Well-known endo
what about universal bench you can unlock once you unlock the mandatory ones? if they dont shrink them maybe a possible combine?
That is a great idea but! If they were to shrink them then players would not have to alter or stuff a bench in a ship. I help everyone fix ships everywhere i did make a ship just for a crafting bench and works well even after i found out you can't craft items from backpack i extended it to add 4 creates and now able to help anyone get back to origin. But now with my newest hand build the travel core ship having a wall mounted small bench would help preserve the over shape and size of the ship to travel to moon city.
(Last picture i could have a wall mounted bench i'd rather have but used guns to fill the space)

Edit: Just in someone did a ship showcase showing the ships i've built and my newest one (Travel Core Ship) which would help get a better idea of what i am talking about also show the creator of the video and how he stuff a work bench in the back of his ship and can help show why a wall mounted crafting bench is so important to the players in playing and building a ship.

Attachments

Last edited:
I will be happy if they just fix them. Right now you can't connect Crafting Benches to resource network of your ship. It only sees two slots of yours personal inventory or station inventory.

Haladin

Active endo
I will be happy if they just fix them. Right now you can't connect Crafting Benches to resource network of your ship. It only sees two slots of yours personal inventory or station inventory.
If the player is connected to the ship via resource bridge, you can craft using the ship's inventory.

CalenLoki

Master endo
You listed pros and cons of putting crafting bench on the ship... then you proceed to removing the con.
That's not how you balance the game.

TBH I'd go the exact opposite route: more complex objects should require even bigger machinery to produce.
Fuel/propellant should have it's dedicated refinery, directly connected to the ship prop network. Those could come in small size too, but their efficiency should prohibit constant use on fast ships.

*FS*

Well-known endo
You listed pros and cons of putting crafting bench on the ship... then you proceed to removing the con.
That's not how you balance the game.

TBH I'd go the exact opposite route: more complex objects should require even bigger machinery to produce.
Fuel/propellant should have it's dedicated refinery, directly connected to the ship prop network. Those could come in small size too, but their efficiency should prohibit constant use on fast ships.
Yeah your right, i am just hoping they they notice this post and consider a wall mounted crafting bench lol thx's for the reply.

*FS*

Well-known endo
Yeah i always wonder what those ports were supposed to be? i have them connected in my repair van. Thx's for the reply.

Having a possibilty to replace any part of your ship straight from ore is a hudge bonus. So it must require something in return. So, hving a big and heavy crafitng bench seems fair.
On the other hand, refilling rods and propellant is a basic right. The ships must be ... ships. Not flying stacks of spare rods or fuel-tankers.
So, I think that rod refill device and propellant generator should be saparae devices. Maybe 25% size of the full-function crafitng bench or less.

CalenLoki

Master endo
Having a possibilty to replace any part of your ship straight from ore is a hudge bonus. So it must require something in return. So, hving a big and heavy crafitng bench seems fair.
On the other hand, refilling rods and propellant is a basic right. The ships must be ... ships. Not flying stacks of spare rods or fuel-tankers.
So, I think that rod refill device and propellant generator should be saparae devices. Maybe 25% size of the full-function crafitng bench or less.
And here I am, to disagree again.

Resource management should be important IMO. Deciding if we want a long or short range ship should have impactful drawbacks. Also supply ships flying together with a fleet need reason to exist.

But I agree those should be separate devices, so they can scale with size of the ship.
Something the size of fuel chamber for rods, regenerating it at the the rate that you need 5 of them to make the chamber works without any downtime.
Similar thing for prop - device the size of small prop tank to endlessly supply a single box thruster.

On a plus side those could be fully automated, so as long as you have raw resources with you, no need for manual refuelling stops.

Also resources required to refill rods/tanks should always be heavier and bulkier than refined product. So just taking resources with you is an valid option if you don't plan to mine on the way.

*FS*

Well-known endo
That's a very good idea!