Croomar: reporting in

Croomar

Learned-to-sprint endo
Hello everyone, glad to finally make my introduction to the community.
I've been following Starbase since March 2019 but haven't yet found the opportunity to make a proper introduction despite me being present all around the SB community.

My name's Croomar, a name I've been going with for over a good decade by now. I'm an avid and absolutely passionate gamer. When I say passionate, I mean that the memories I make in games are valuable experiences to me that I carry with me through my whole life. I grew up in a family of gamers, playing for as long as I can remember. My siblings and parents showed me how to play Super Mario, Zelda and Smash Bros when I was only 3 years old and so games have always been an integral part of my life. I'm always looking to create new, awesome experiences in the games I play, which is why I'm a big fan of all things Multiplayer, MMO and RPGs.

I've spent the first half of my life as a console gamer, mainly with the N64, Playstation 2 and XBox 360. I'm still playing on PS4 and Nintendo Switch every now and then, but ever since I started my first MMO in 2007, I've been playing on PC almost permanently. Many RPGs, RTS and Shooters, but naturally mostly MMOs. My first MMO and up until today most played game was a quirky korean Anime-MMORPG and Ragnarok Online clone called NosTale in which I basically grew up, playing actively over 8 years with overall about 12 000 hours on the clock.

Despite these numbers, I've never been a very successful player in that game, and as many of my closest friends disappeared one after another, I went on to look for other games as well. I've played most AAA-titles released between 2011 and 2017 and tried nearly every MMO present until 2015. The last game I played actively with over 3000 hours was Warframe, which was replaced when I prepared for Dual Universe from late 2017 onward. As far as I can remember, I spent almost every following day building a great organization in that game as one of its managers. Ultimately, we won several contests and were much respectd in the community and our creations officialy featured by the developers regularly. Although the game was still in its closed pre-alpha and Alpha state, our group was by the few standards you could see probably the most successful organization of that game. We've built a great community and it was a reat pleasure to be with them for over two years. Past February I parted ways with them for multiple reasons among which were the immense amount of time, energy and dedication it took to keep things running, the complicated community environment and in-game factors as well.

Now that I've committed myself to building an even greater faction in Starbase with the help of my friends and the new community I hope to create, I'm more positive than ever that I have found a suitable successor for my past gaming adventures. I hope to be able to find an experience like I have in the past in this great community-driven game. And when it comes to Starbase, you won't ever encounter me playing outside my dear faction that I'm a big fan of, the Arbiters' Ambition.

As to me personally, I'm German, currently 23 years old, for anybody interested an INTJ-A and working as Machine Engineer with hydraulic lifting systems. Next to gaming, my passions are science and technology, which is why I love working as an engineer. I have backgrounds in chemistry, strong interests in biology and I'm terribly bad with electronics and math.

I enjoy a good meal and like to cook on a daily basis. I love the regional swabian cuisine, but I'm also a big fan of Italian and Asian food. I like to cook spicy, mostly simple dishes but putting in a lot of love and try to eat with others as often as I can. A meal tastes best when shared with family and friends.

And whenever there's time left between my other passions, I enjoy watching Anime. I'm not a particular fan of your standard shounen stuff that most people immediately associate with Anime, I discovered the field for me in 2010 with Elfen Lied as my first show, followed by mature and emotional series like Kanon, Clannad, Serial Experiments Lain, Angel Beats and the Monogatari franchise, which are until today all on my Top-10 list. But with time, I also learned to enjoy the lighter stuff. I count the Sclife of Life, Comedy and School genres to my favorites and these days I watch pretty much anything that looks interesting. Nonetheless, I know where my roots are and artistic, mature and throughtful shows are still what captivates me most.

With all that being said, I'm sharing these pieces about me because I hope to make friends in Starbase. I learned that the deepest connections are those that you make with like-minded people that you can share your passions with. And as I hope to make Starbase my next big passion, I'd like to make new friends along the way. And while I'm passionate, I'm really a pretty shy person, so I appreciate whenever somebody approaches me. Perhaps someone reading this thread is looking to make friends as well, shares some of these interests and has an easier time getting in touch with people than I do. I'd be more than glad to meet you.

Last edited:
Welcome Croomer, good to see another face around here and hope you like the community and the game. Hope to see you around the place.

Aquila

Alles gut! I'm also German and I come from North Eastern Germany. I'm living in Texas right now and hope to find my way back to my original home. Good to meet you and I'll be around if you ever feel like you're up for a challenge of some sort! Good luck to you and your group!

Croomar

Learned-to-sprint endo
Almost a week later and I still get welcome messages almost daily. Here's another thank you for all the very warm welcomes I've received and the very nice little chats I've had over the past few days.

If this is just remotely representatives of what the Starbase community is like as a whole, I believe we'll all be having a lot of fun and a very positive atmosphere for the game in the future.

Wicca

Well-known endo
Kind sir, would you be a friend and reduce the size of your signature? <3 Welcome !