Curious on how Chatting/Messaging would work

Hey there, just poking my head out a bit to ask a curious question I had: How would chatting between two players work exactly?

My guess I there is a local "regional" chat from a specific distance around the player, but then how would say... a player message a station to see if they can land (if that is a thing we would need to do)?
Would this simply require moving close enough or would you need say a specific part to message other ships and stations, like a transmitter of sorts?

Sorry if this has been answered, just curious is all and I haven't really seen it answered elsewhere (that I know about).

There will be some sort of chat in the game though we don't know the details. About the communication, in general. A lot of people are asking for voice chat though that probably won't be a thing, at least in the beginning. Using discord voice chat for groups will probably be the best communication though.

Amos.37

Veteran endo
Depending on how chat is implemented, could be a good idea to have a discord channel set up specifically for station traffic control and basic logistics. The sort of thing where each station could set up their own chat group, so when a player needs landing permission (if needed at all), they go to this discord page, find that station's chat group, and ask there.
Ultimately I'd much rather an in-game chat solution for this, but could be a work around initially.

I think there is “regional”, “faction” and “global” text chats (probably with different names). VoIP seems to be in the works but not confirmed.

This may be combined with the radio system in the game, there are regional connections, there are also wide-range radios transmitted by space station antennas, and even channel interference and signal blocking. This will build a more realistic social mechanism.

Otac

Well-known endo
This may be combined with the radio system in the game, there are regional connections, there are also wide-range radios transmitted by space station antennas, and even channel interference and signal blocking. This will build a more realistic social mechanism.
i agree man