EA Update 26.8.2021 (Early Access Build 572)

KaiFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
EA_build_572.png

EA Update 26.08.2021 (Early Access Build 572)

Patch Type: Large

Here are the patch notes for today's update!

Major Features
  • Health Bar
  • Players gradually heal when inside a Safe Zone
  • New Market Station added over 300 km deep into the belt, includes:
    • Auction House and very low 2% tax. This AH is not connected to Origin AH's.
    • All ship shops
    • Easy Build Hall
    • Ship Design Workshop
    • Refill stations
    • Insurance transfer with limited 100 km range
    • 50 km permanent safe zone
    • Notes:
      • This station does not buy ore or items. It's only meant for player trading.
      • The station is located in the bottom area of the belt. You need to be mid-way from Origins to get the transponder to show, at approximately 200 km out.
      • There will initially be asteroids inside the safe zone. This is intended, as players seeking a brief refuge for mining can mine in safety until the asteroids are depleted. Note that you need to first get to the station to benefit from this. Also the station is not located in the highest tier asteroid zone.

Animations
  • Fixed 1st person Pipe Tool fire animation not activating correctly
  • Fixed animation not activating correctly when removing a weapon from a Tripod
  • Fixed legs not animating correctly during movement when firing the Shotgun
  • Fixed sprint animation looking wrong when equipped with Tripod autocannon

Audio
  • Added UI sounds for Pilot Chair bind menu
  • Added missing sounds for Auction House UI
  • Fixed incorrect window closing sounds when the Research Tree hadn't been visible
  • New Audio Signal Device sounds
  • Toned down environmental noise when player is working in an in-game editor

Companies
  • Fixed an issue that caused creating company ranks to fail for new companies

Crafting
  • Added "Frames" sub-category under the "Station modules" category
  • Added Hinge B 48x48 CM to hinges & hatches node
  • Categorised all current station modules
  • Fixed not being able to craft Full or Refill versions of Propellant Tanks
  • Fixed not being able to craft Solar Panels or Solar Panel Light Sensors
  • Prevented crafting in Ship Designer test mode
  • Crafting from Crate requires Resource Bridge flow in and out
  • Fixed refunding Ore when crafting from Crate fails

Devices
  • Fixed Utility Body bolt profile issue where it couldn't bolt properly
  • Plasma Thruster base propellant consumption reduced from 290 to 248

Gameplay
  • Players gradually heal when inside a Safe Zone
  • Fixed an issue that caused the player to spawn in an incorrect position after death
  • Fixed an issue where Ship sell confirmation was incorrectly visible on Ship spawn or Ship sell terminals
  • Now only custom items which include Ore should be blocked from inventory
HUD
  • "Despawn Ship" -text was changed to "Store Ship" in the ship despawn menu
  • A few changes to Settings menu description texts
  • Added Health Bar

Moon
  • Added new moon terrain, rotated the moon and raised the City above the ground
  • The city should now have longer "beam legs", i.e. it shouldn't float
  • New moon 1 ground level, ground shapes and textures
  • Moon city now has three limited range (100 km) insurance transfer terminals, located at the city main entrance, at the main flight port and at the tournament memorial
Ships
  • Changed Tengium beams to Bastium on The Mako
  • Added description for:
    • A-Frame
    • Akantha EVO
    • Apis
    • Barrow40
    • Blood Hound V2 Auto
    • Blood Hound V2 Laser
    • Blood Hound V2 Plasma
    • Buzzard
    • Cyclone
    • Dart MKI
    • FRS Smooth
    • Fal-4F3L
    • Fire Scarab
    • Huginn
    • K9-Kalman
    • Leoforeio
    • Mantis (1)
    • Mantis (2)
    • Muninn
    • Svafa A
    • The Mako
    • UMT.1.0 "Badger" Standard
    • Workhorse Advanced
    • Workhorse Supply
  • Updated:
    • Croc
    • Pincer has been updated:
      • Control layout has been reworked for the ship
      • Ship now comes with 2 batteries and has new generator adjusting script making the ship more fuel efficient
      • EcoMode button also has a note to turn it off before using Cargo Lock Beams

Ship Designer
  • Added some additional info to the error message when an error concerning failing to load scene file data is shown
  • Fixed a crash when joining a group session in test mode
  • Fixed an issue where snap points were visualized incorrectly
  • Prevented F5 test mode toggle while the scene is saving, loading, buy custom ship dialog is open, or a state transition is already in progress
  • Prevented closing the buy ship dialogs while the buy operation is active

Ship Easy Build Mode
  • Fixed Easy Build created ships flipping when re-entering
  • Fixed name for Basic 2 T1 Fuel Rod & Rack module
  • Fixed resource containers sometimes emptying when module is placed for the first time
  • Fixed ships duplicating if ship's thrusters are separated from the ship
  • Fixed welding in Corner 1 Ore Crate module
  • Toned down environmental noise when player is working in an in-game editor
Stations
  • Fixed Factory Hall Areas saving properly
  • Fixed Station Foundation's rotation while placing
  • Fixed an issue that caused the first Easy Build Mode module being placeable anywhere inside the Easy Build Mode area instead of next to the Station Foundation module
  • Fixed an issue where devices did not properly power off when a Factory Hall Area was deactivated around them
  • Prevented devices working on stations outside Factory Hall Areas
  • Updated new trading station name to "Trading Station Markka"
Tools
  • Durability errors can now be viewed in game by hovering your reticle or cursor over them
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Building Tool to not repair

Tutorial
  • Added camera distance binds to tutorial hints
  • Added a Quickbar Edit tutorial
  • Fixed Repair Job ship respawning not always working during the last phase of Repair Job tutorial after logging out and back in
  • Fixed an issue during Crafting tutorial where the game showed the amount of ores owned incorrectly
  • Fixed quickbar highlight during tutorial to not highlight any non-visible quickbar and to select the quickbar that has the lowest position on the screen
  • New Mineral Discovery messages now work outside tutorial mode

UI
  • Added short descriptions for handheld weapon magazines
  • Main menu updated with new Starbase logo
Weapons
  • Fixed typo in Mounted Weapon Barrel locales: "Elelctricity" -> "Electricity"
  • Fixed Tripod weapon reload animation not playing
  • Improved locales for Tripod Autocannon:
    • Better explaining how to use the weapon and showing basic stats similar to what mounted ship weapon barrels have

Last edited:

HenryFXP

Awesome!!, but Capital Ships and Moon Mining as promised in July for August when? Are we getting a major update in less than 4 days having one today already? I want to believe so but honestly... letting both capital ships and moon mining together for the 3 days before the month ends... :c

SubaruSama

Veteran endo
well, I honestly had that small hope for moon updates other then Elysium, but well, still so much good stuff in here^^

Kmank

Well-known endo
Awesome!!, but Capital Ships and Moon Mining as promised in July for August when? Are we getting a major update in less than 4 days having one today already? I want to believe so but honestly... letting both capital ships and moon mining together for the 3 days before the month ends... :c
The optimism is strong in this one.

blazemonger

Veteran endo
Patch looks solid.. thanks FB!

The last progress report would indicate that caps and moons are not quite ready for the big update/addition of bases/ming and the capitals themselves. Not surprising as FB will have seen some delays as the game went live for obvious reasons and I can't really be concerned about them running a bit late on that to be honest.

Better take the time to get this ready than rush it in broken and with much to be done even for the first iteration. Us "DU refugees" know all to well how that ends up being not great. ;)

Some of us rage quit because of things like "unable to craft full propellant tanks" after flying 4h out and dropping a station.

Any chance that your F1 support will address those people's issues? I quit that day because I was never getting a response from game breaking (fun breaking?) bugs like this. I flew 4h out with plans to refuel at the station I was putting down. Propellant tank crafted empty and then my refuel station vanished in my inventory.

It would have been nice to have a glimmer of hope to get that back instead of flying 8h to get another one :(

lot of things , finally propellant refill fix, was so annoying ! sad there isnt the paint tool fix :'(
yo if you cannot reload the paint tool, go to the market LCD and sell the ghost items from your endo inventory, Paint tool should work again then

Don't forget to put off your armor and tools etc you won't lose before doing so

Some of us rage quit because of things like "unable to craft full propellant tanks" after flying 4h out and dropping a station.

Any chance that your F1 support will address those people's issues? I quit that day because I was never getting a response from game breaking (fun breaking?) bugs like this. I flew 4h out with plans to refuel at the station I was putting down. Propellant tank crafted empty and then my refuel station vanished in my inventory.

It would have been nice to have a glimmer of hope to get that back instead of flying 8h to get another one :(
your refuel station? Wut?

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
PTU will stay up with moon bases and deform, and some initial pieces of capital ships. Sadly it's clear that they won't make to the live server during August.

State of all those features can be followed from PTU updates as well as by testing them on PTU.

So, this update made ALL my fuel rods empty. I had a bunch of FULL T1 & T2 rods in my station inventory. I spawned one of my ships, it's rod is empty which was weird already, as i can remember it was nearly full.

"Okay, I've a ton spare full ones in my station inventory" i thought, just to realize they're now all empty ones. Checked my other ships - All their rods are empty as well.

Just wasted a lot of credits for now sitting on a ton of empty rods :confused:

yo if you cannot reload the paint tool, go to the market LCD and sell the ghost items from your endo inventory, Paint tool should work again then

Don't forget to put off your armor and tools etc you won't lose before doing so

your refuel station? Wut?
wut , i've to disequip my armor and sell all items of my inventory?

wut , i've to disequip my armor and sell all items of my inventory?
yes there is a lot of weird items in there. Just put all you want to keep into station inventory, then sell all stuff in your endo inventory, then re-equip all your stuff again