Here's a clip from Hamstah's Twitter showing detailed damage on an Empire ship!

Vexus

Master endo
Here's the link to his tweet:

I'm attaching the downloaded .mp4 (zipped, forum does not allow video direct) if anyone wants to play it over and over and over like I'm doing!

This level of detail is mind blowing. It's not fake detail, like some pre-designed, pre-rendered damage model state. It's the result of player interaction and a lucky shot, and the resulting bits and pieces are from something that happened; the propellant tank exploding a certain way. I see so much in this video, from the holes in the side of the ship describing the battle the ship was in, to the ripped apart stern of the ship showing the results of the lucky shot, to all the gameplay that can come from this. Is it worth the time to repair? To patch all the cables? To haul over another propellant tank and route all the pipes and wires again? Or do you let it sit to be scavenged by some passerby at a later date? Absolutely mind blowing stuff that out classes every other game in this genre in terms of multiplayer possibilities.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
It embeds the twitter post and you can play it directly. Yeah it's fun to follow Hamstah on twitter for the extra little things at times :)

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
Here's a small clip from my aftermath recordings featuring one Kingdom Lancer found among the derelicts floating in the space. The ship seems to be still functioning, so it's a mystery why it's abandoned. Maybe the bullet holes in the cockpit side window indicate a lucky shot killing the pilot? Gunships in general tend to withstand a few (hundred) shots easily, and while this ship has holes all around it's definitely operational.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vexus

Master endo
That video is AMAZING. That one ship represents untold hours of player interaction. I love how you're poking around, testing the systems. Buttons work - must have power! You then go through and check out the state of all the systems, do a little test drive, fire off the guns to make sure they're working. It's wonderful. In the live game, you might note the location and grab a ship to haul the wreck in to scrap it. Or you might pull parts from it, leaving for the next passerby. You might camp out in it in case someone is coming back with another 'target'. You might feel it worth repairing and turn it into your next ship - it's a big upgrade from the little scooter after all. There are hundreds, maybe thousands of potential interactions from every little thing like this.

The little event, of whatever happened to the ship, can spur so much gameplay in the live game. All the small interactions add up into something beautiful as a handful of parts from someone's early creation might persist the entire lifetime of the game as it is used and reused. This kind of ties in to my offline mode comment but I won't get into it here. The potential for this game is unlike anything players have seen; I think most passerby's of the game's trailer don't really get to appreciate what they are seeing. Thanks for sharing this!

Last edited:

NoName

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
It is pretty epic. Super hype for the game, hope it is being released soon (hint hint).

Morrgard

Master endo
Here's a small clip from my aftermath recordings featuring one Kingdom Lancer found among the derelicts floating in the space. The ship seems to be still functioning, so it's a mystery why it's abandoned. Maybe the bullet holes in the cockpit side window indicate a lucky shot killing the pilot? Gunships in general tend to withstand a few (hundred) shots easily, and while this ship has holes all around it's definitely operational.

http://cloud.frozenbyte.fi/s/1d2kPOSFGvQidmK
That is great! I hope to see more of that :)
Perhaps make a topic where developers can share their snippets like such? ^^

Nolfinkol

Active endo
The use of voxels is such a nice touch to really show a finer level of destruction without getting too taxing on hardware I imagine :O

DrunkRussianBear

Chancellor of the Argentavian Federation
Here's the link to his tweet:

I'm attaching the downloaded .mp4 (zipped, forum does not allow video direct) if anyone wants to play it over and over and over like I'm doing!

This level of detail is mind blowing. It's not fake detail, like some pre-designed, pre-rendered damage model state. It's the result of player interaction and a lucky shot, and the resulting bits and pieces are from something that happened; the propellant tank exploding a certain way. I see so much in this video, from the holes in the side of the ship describing the battle the ship was in, to the ripped apart stern of the ship showing the results of the lucky shot, to all the gameplay that can come from this. Is it worth the time to repair? To patch all the cables? To haul over another propellant tank and route all the pipes and wires again? Or do you let it sit to be scavenged by some passerby at a later date? Absolutely mind blowing stuff that out classes every other game in this genre in terms of multiplayer possibilities.
Didn't even realise he had a seperate twitter.