How can the players protect their own stations?

five

Master endo
My question is, how do you protect your own station from being destroyed. As far as I know only Origin has a Safe Zone around it. Are there going to be stationary weapons (weapons only able to be used on stations)? Or will you have to you use "normal" mounted weaponry.

kiiyo

Veteran endo
My question is, how do you protect your own station from being destroyed. As far as I know only Origin has a Safe Zone around it. Are there going to be stationary weapons (weapons only able to be used on stations)? Or will you have to you use "normal" mounted weaponry.
This question is still up in the air. Most systems are being reworked from the state that they were in when announed, so it's hard to rely on old info.

cranky corvid

Well-known endo
Player stations will have the ability to have safezones, though there will be some way (details yet to be determined) to bring them down with an extended siege. No news of any special station-mounted weapons so far. Since they don't have to worry about structural stress from acceleration, they should be able to mount much better-protected turrets with more firepower compared to ships, but being a stationary target is a big disadvantage, so I expect defending ships to play a key role in station defense.