Insurance Transfer to/from Markaa

Hi guys,

It seems that it is still possible to insurance transfer FROM Markaa to an Origin station, but not possible to transfer back. Is that intended?

Throdnk

Well-known endo
It is not a bug, range is limited to 100 km. I'd suggest removing the insurance transfer range limit, but since items can be transported by insurance transfer this is not yet even an option.

In my opinion, being able to freely teleport between insurance points you have unlocked (without being able to bring items with you!) would greatly increase player interaction and possibilities for player to setup group events.
Furthermore, I wouldn't see a problem with players being able to teleport to their player station, iff it is not possible to bring items. This could require a reconstruction machine set up at the station and use a reconstruction kit per teleport.

This could greatly help players that don't see a point in spending hours upon hours on afk flying.

Vorg

Well-known endo
You can only bring what is on you and you don't really have that much storage space on your char.

Tomasz

Well-known endo
I guarantee it is enough storage to make prices everywhere with insurance transfer go equal.
There would be people insurance transfering betwen markka and origin just to sell items that have price difference of 300 credits.It is few thousends per trip that takes 0 time.

Throdnk

Well-known endo
Correct, that's why I wrote it would only be an option if/when you couldn't transport any items with it. But than it would be a good option in my opinion.

Venombrew

Master endo
@Throdnk i like where your going with this, i read your original post and understood what you meant, and i too see a huge flaw in being to travel between stations instantly with goods. what about a world of warcraft approach where their is a cd on the transfers? and it can be done to ignore a transfer penalty on death, but the moment you transfer you got a 20min to 30min cd wait before your next transfer? people could move some goods, but in near future endos will drop items on death. but only able to move 12 slots worth of goods ever 30 minutes would be a good counter balance.

EDIT: or a credit fee per slot being used in your inventory upon transfer from station to station.

Throdnk

Well-known endo
Without actually knowing WoW's approach in detail, that sounds too complicated and leaves too many options for abuse or unintended use. Imagine for example that there could well be some future items were a stack is worth millions in certain parts of the galaxy. Or you could suddenly turn up with new heavy duty weapons unexpectedly.

I want a very simple relocation mechanism without any potential for abuse so that noone has to say: "Sorry I cannot participate in that really cool pvp/pve event because I'm at the other side of the galaxy". This includes relocation to player stations at a resonable cost, because in my understanding the center of actions is actually intended to move from dev to player stations. At best, this wouldn't need an cooldown at all, so I could say: "Sure I can help you with your technical issue without screen share, let me just hop to you and back in 3 mins, it's easy. You have to bring the resources though".

If anyone sees potential in how to abuse or how to improve such system, please post your thoughts.

Womble

Veteran endo
If the teleport is always "naked" (or at least restricted to cosmetic items, if only to preserve our Endos' decency ;) ) I can't see how it can be materially abused. Informationally, that will always be able to travel faster than an Endo using extra-Starbase means. To "abuse" it in terms of "where your people are" would take so much pre-preparation as to make it worthwhile having in the game just so that some logistical genius can arrange a mass transfer to a location with pre-positioned equipment to undertake some kind of unexpected flanking maneuver!

It will mean that the destination will have to have the materiel, which could be a good thing for the community, as people recruit buddies and hand them the implements they're going to use to do whatever they need to for the group objective to succeed.

WoW's approach might work, but it's very suited to the context of that game, I feel. "Just bring your Endo" seems like a better fit for Starbase, to me.

ETA
I definitely agree that player stations should have some sort of respawn option, and I'm loving the idea of "reconstruction kits" that are like ammo for the reconstruction chamber... Means if you don't want anyone dropping by just now, you can "conveniently" run out of kits... :)

Venombrew

Master endo
we def need something, using WoW as just a reference simply because when you use your hearth stone(which is a stone that lets you teleport to a location you have saved) it goes on a 30 minute cooldown before it can be used again, to keep people from being able to port out and constantly port back. the cooldown is what balances things out, so for starbase you can transfer to any of the 30 origin stations if you have them saved, but the way it would work to match what other mmo's do to keep the abuse down would be a cooldown timer, and you could even RP it and say the terminal has to recharge. so if im on my base and i transfer to origin 1, then i transfer to 5, and say i want to go back to 1, i may have to wait 30 minutes to do so, but i could instantly transfer to another station i hadn't used the transfer on in the last 30 minutes. this way if i want to try and transfer a bunch of items to say Markka, i can but id only be able to move 12 slots worth an items every 30 minutes, and not ore, just endo inventory like guns, parts, ammo, etc. and a lot of guns and parts take up 2-4 slots, so its not like you may even transfer that much stuff at once.

now im not saying this above is the fix but just an example, and many mmos have a very much similiar systems. if you had cooldown timers with at least a 30 minute wait, it take a player 5-6 hours to try and abuse this, and most players would rather run the stuff themselves in 1-2 hours then spending a whole day just trying to move their storage stuff with a max of 12 slots only at a time.

Elderscrolls online has a cooldown system as well for fast travel, you can do it at anytime but if you dont let the cooldown drop off you have to pay 1000s of gold to do it. the longer you wait the lower the gold cost drops until it hits like 150g. a credit cost with a timer that stacks when trying to constantly use the free transfers to exploit it would cost so much in credits it be counter productive to their plans. and remember you can't do ore this way just items.

Throdnk

Well-known endo
Wow, that was hard to read. And I see no possibility at all of the global transfer idea with items working without isssue, nor do I feel that it is required.
And as mentioned, I would find it good if there isn't any cooldown at all, this gives possibilities such as helping someone quickly, refuelling some distant factory, trading with the intent of getting the items later and not fearing for missed opertunities that might arise shortly after - I could think of more ...

Venombrew

Master endo
well there is only so many ways one can go about this, you cant have it both ways. you cant have fast travel with no item transfer if your wanting to:
would find it good if there isn't any cooldown at all, this gives possibilities such as helping someone quickly
so if your going to help someone, then your gonna need items to go with you for whatever reason, whether its parts, fuel, or even assisting in combat. your gonna need to be able to transfer your items if you plan on going out, unless the person your helping out is confined to the starting area. with no penalty to free travel, you have no way of stopping people from going to origin to Markka as many times as they want to item drop on that market place which would destroy the starting area's market place for beginning players. people would just transfer with items and sale there, drying up the starting area auction house. has to be penalty to avoid item dropping and over flooding other market places with a different buy and sale listing and value.

so honestly your 2 options are free transfer to anywhere you been with no items, making moon, markka, and the new pvp station unchanged but also leaving you with no items, or add some form of transfer penalty to allow a person to make a transfer with their items to actually help someone. if your needing combat help on the moon, and i transfer out there free with no items, you either got to fund me my items to help(weapon and ammo) or i got to buy them myself even know i have all those same things stuck in another storage, same for fuel and parts. so how much help are you really bringing then? a naked endo with no items? or you take a cooldown or a cost penalty that discourages exploitation. i dont know why that was such a hard read for you, but it was pretty simple and to the point. free transfers with no items, or a penalty to maintain your items, only way you can avoid people skipping over a big portion of the game for lazy convience.

There really isn't any other games out there that actually lets you slide on fast travel, cost or penalty free. They all have something to keep a person from abusing the mechanic.

Throdnk

Well-known endo
Sorry, the hard to read was referring to the absence of capital letters - but that might just be because I'm used to the german language :D Sorry again, was kinda rude.

With help I meant indeed bringing an empty endo (+ cosmetics) without anything else, the items would have to get there some other way. This can already be of great help (for example technical help with yolol or manning a gunner seat).

Bringing items at the cost of an additional penalty would indeed not be impossible to implement, although certainly harder to get to a well-thought-out state.

So I think we do agree. Now we just need a dev to think of this as a great suggestion :p

Venombrew

Master endo
@Throdnk i agree with a lot of stuff your saying, my concerns always lay with what exploiters will do. i would personally love to be able to transfer to other stations i have already visited, and i think the penalty should only occur when a player wants to bring personal items across with them.

When Worlds Adrift was being made before they scrapped it, they used respawn device with no form of penalty on your ships. What they found out was, that players during pvp kept coming back instantly no time delay or penalty, over and over again making engagements never ending, or unnecessarily to long. Then they added charges to the device, after so many uses the device then needed to recharge before you could use it again. What this end up doing, was still giving defenders a chance to survive or even turn the tides but after so many deaths there was a delay in the device. Forced players to be more aware of what they are doing and try to be more strategic about what they were doing since there was a penalty.

We have 3d printers for your ships with endo kits, but you only get so many respawns before more kits need to be added. This way there will eventually be an end to the fight. Your ship will either be to damaged or you will run out of endos to protect it, this will be more applied heavily during sieges, stations and military cap ships.