Oi, a fancy new sub forum

DerPfandadler

Learned-to-sprint endo
Anyways, i am very excited to see how it will all turn out. Imho a german localization is pretty important as many germans don't want to/can't play in english. That's why I would love to be able to help in the mission to create a localization that doesn't make my heart cry out loud when I hear my friends read text from the game...
Using automated methods for translating into german can work but more often than not results in a unnatural sounding mess that doesn't precisely describe the actual meaning of the source. So personally my biggest wish would be to contribute to a organic and natural sounding translation that, trough the consistent usage of precise language, preserves all and maybe even adds more meaning from the source material whenever possible. Over the years I have suffered through too many poorly done translations already...

I have one last question. Will there be more guidelines regarding ore names and things like that? Of course, translators could come up with some more german sounding counterparts that still sound and look similar enough to the source material. Though there is certainly an argument to be made for keeping "iconic" names for ores. For example, you could keep the same names throughout all localized versions of the game(at least on a phonetic level).

Last edited: