Player Customization

It would be nice to be able to fully customize our characters in this, as in, build them similarly to how one might build a ship. Essentially, have various actuators and other such things we can place to allow us to fully design how our robot moves, controls, looks, and so on. I think it'd be cool to have such a high level of customization as that'd open up so many more possibilities than there already are. For example, you could make a more combat oriented robot or you could just make a robot fox (I really want robot foxes, but, this sort of level of customization will benefit everyone, and I feel would open up an entirely new aspect to the game).

And on account of the game having its own in-game programming language, you could theoretically make more robots and write code to automate what they do. It'd be cool to put together your own custom built army and drop them into combat out of your own custom built ship. Designing things such that they integrate a particular way into your ship for your specific design.

In terms of robot parts, I'm thinking you'd have a few components you need to add, such as a CPU, battery, cameras, etc. So you'd fit those on the interior, and then use various actuators to connect things like arms, legs, and any other limbs you wanna add. Would have a few types of actuators to choose from such as hydraulic pistons or electric motors. There's a lot that could be done with player customization to this degree, including ship designs that integrate robots more directly with the ship (sorta like the Borg from Star Trek; rather than sit in a chair you just plug into the walls). To begin you'd start by building an endoskeleton, then attaching all the vital components and actuators, and then finally attaching the exoskeleton/armour.

Could have some "survival" elements too, i.e., you have to recharge once in awhile if you use a battery as your powersource, or you could opt to be powered by a small nuclear reactor and never need to recharge, but would be a bigger target. Whereas battery size could be modified so the smaller it is the sooner you'll need to recharge, but then allowing you to overall build a smaller robot. When it comes to survival elements, I'm thinking more in terms of taking control of robots you own (but doing so requires either an antenna or a direct connection to a transfer station or some such thing). So you might have a well armoured robot back on your ship, with a nuclear reactor, but whose quite large, and a small scout bot exploring a station you're intending to invade, ducking out of sight and using its size to its advantage. Though, survival elements are probably unnecessary, but figured I'd mention the idea regardless (if they were implemented I'd want them to be such that they're effectively unnoticable and only really become an issue if you've been away from your ship/base for a decent length of time, such as if you wind up stranded on some planet somewhere or some such thing (though I'm not sure if this game has planets but it illustrates my idea for that element)).

Also be nice to be able to apply decals/logos to our characters (allow .svg/other vector formats to be uploaded and applied to your robot (and also to your ships and other tech; let you make a proper brand for yourself essentially)).

Could lead to some interesting gameplay I think (though I'm sure it'll be fun regardless, but figured I'd mention a few ideas (cuz I wanna be a robot fox but also I think it'd add another layer of depth, and be a lot of fun to design my own technology, right down to the character I play)).

i love the idea of heavy customization in terms of robot building but i feel this could be easily exploited. but I'm full on with the idea of having a decal or some kind of way to show of your "brand".