Poll: Player character: FPP or TPP?

Should there be third person view for player characters?

• No, only FPP

• Yes, but TPP only in safe zone

• Yes, but in form of physical drone that can be shoot down

• Yes, TPP always available

Results are only viewable after voting.

CalenLoki

Master endo
I know I've been spamming polls recently, but here's another.

Do you think there should be third person perspective option for endos?

For ships it's confirmed only FPP, (and me likes that) so not much discussion here.

Advantage of TPP:
-you can look at your new fancy armour
-better situation awareness at very short range (melee combat)

Disadvantage of TPP:
-looking behind corners without exposing yourself
-inferior aiming, due to distance between the gun and camera
-problematic navigation in tight corridors
-less immersive
-more prone to bugs (i.e. camera clipping through walls)
-require more development work (camera following, avoiding collisions, ect.)

What do ye think?

STEALTH

Well-known endo
AMEN & AMEN...well said! The ONLY positives to TPP is literally looking at yourself which honestly has never made sense to me in a combat game and especially in a game where immersion comes into play such as a large expansive universe!!! The cons ALWAYS outweigh the pros with TPP whereas the opposite is not true in regards to FPP!

I mean FB already decided (for very great reasons) to go FPO with Ship Combat....why even bother allowing TPP with Endos.

Vexus

Master endo
I've yet to see any shooting or tool usage in the dev videos from third person - it seems if you want to use a ship, tools or weapons, you need to be in first person to aim at something.

Third person is required because it's an MMO. 99% of your time will be hanging around doing nothing. So third person caters to a more broad group of players. The 1% of the time you're fighting, hopefully they can find the balance where people aren't hot-swapping weapons to peek corners and look 'over' walls.

My personal preference is first person perspective only, but I know that is not for everyone, and in an MMO it doesn't really work, so I have no problem with it. The bulk of the game will be fine, and only in very specific, rare cases will someone who is abusing their camera into third person win out in a fight. As the third person perspective will gain and retain more players, I'm glad they're including TPP into the game, and so far from the videos it seems to be done right.

Azelous

Veteran endo
I personally think having both is a good element. Combat feels much more engaging from a first person perspective, and third person allows you to appreciate any player customization.

However, as far as combat is concerned I hope that corner peeking is not a thing with third person perspective..