Problems with cargo lock

I add an asteroid, it works. I add a couple of objects, it works. Now, I try to fill it, and it doesn't work. It comes out in red. Did you know why?

Attachments

Agonarch

Active endo
You can't lock it with anything it thinks is a ship inside (so no frames attached to thrusters) and you can't have anything sticking out - if you're a long way from origin it can get a bit tetchy at the edges to try to keep those clear (talking about 50-70cmish)

YellowDucky

Well-known endo
You can't lock it with anything it thinks is a ship inside (so no frames attached to thrusters) and you can't have anything sticking out - if you're a long way from origin it can get a bit tetchy at the edges to try to keep those clear (talking about 50-70cmish)
When will we be able to put ships inside of other ships and make carriers? I saw it in boltcrackers, It would be stupid if you could only carry your ships in capital ships

Agonarch

Active endo
I guess it's bugged at the moment, you can kind of make it work with cargo-lock beams but I assume devs disabled it for some good reason I don't know about (I've been told it worked in CA but was disabled for EA, so I've never seen it work without some dodgy trickery).