KaiFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
PTU Update 24.8.2021 (PTU Build 567)

Crafting
  • Crafting from Crate requires Resource Bridge flow in and out
  • Fixed refunding Ore when crafting from Crate fails
Gameplay
  • Fixed an issue that caused the player to spawn in an incorrect position after death
  • Fixed an issue where Ship sell confirmation was incorrectly visible on Ship spawn or Ship sell terminals
  • Now only custom items which include Ore should be blocked from inventory
Moon Bases
  • Base radius for Safe Zone and Base Area should now be 150m
  • Prevented placing Moon Base Foundations outside ground
Moon City
  • Added missing Insurance Transfer Panel to the Memorial Area
  • Moon City Insurance Transfer Panels are now attached to the stands, static and indestructible
Moon Mining
  • Remote Explosives can now be placed on planet terrain
Stations
  • Fixed an issue where devices did not properly power off when a Factory Hall Area was deactivated around them
  • Prevented devices working on stations outside Factory Hall Areas
  • Updated new trading station name to "Trading Station Markka"
UI
  • Added short descriptions for handheld weapon magazines
  • Main menu updated with new Starbase logo
Weapons
  • Fixed Tripod weapon reload animation not playing

Senkii

Well-known endo
PTU Update 24.8.2021 (PTU Build 567)
  • Now only custom items which include Ore should be blocked from inventory
Ah, great, so we can now stack large-tank refuel pods in inventories again..? (Why allow custom items except for the ones that use ore again?)

Ah, great, so we can now stack large-tank refuel pods in inventories again..? (Why allow custom items except for the ones that use ore again?)
You could fill up your inv with stacks of ore and insurance transfer back, or safely save 20 stacks or so on the way back if you die.

?
Having custom stuff in your inventory is good, it's already hard enough to carry parts of any kind without item crates in-game and even if you can carry an unrealistic amount your inventory isn't big enough for it to be really all that broken of a thing. I get the issue when carrying fuel for sure but I'm sure it'll be sorted out more as development goes on. The ore stuff just meant people could mine more quickly and/or have unstealable ores or even just have them be safe in a crash.
There are issues that need to be fixed but custom items I'd say are a lil important to still allow when possible.

Greebo

Well-known endo
Hopefully with Inventory 2.0 we see weight limits in inventories instead of slots, i think that generally makes more sense and allows picking up smaller custom items

Hopefully with Inventory 2.0 we see weight limits in inventories instead of slots, i think that generally makes more sense and allows picking up smaller custom items
I think its ok to carry a fuel tank, but not the fuel.
and it's good for piracy too, to be able to carry an engine and stuff. keeps the game loop working and rewarding.
The problem with stacked ore in 3 pieces bolted and in your inventory is that a lot of people did that with corazium and kutonium, making their values absolete. Like corazium, it's very cheap rn, and still very hard to go there, mine and bring it back. A trip of 3.000km in just one insurance transfer.

I hope that in the future with inv 2.0 if the endo dies or respawn they will not be able to carry the loot with him. And weight/volume limit.

btw, when the armour of the endo will have real stats on ?