PvP first person shooter battles

Venixer

Well-known endo
One of the aspects of the game that tends to be overlooked a bit by the aspects of station and ship construction, is that the game will also have very heavy shooter aspects.

There is going to be a large selection of guns and weapons and ways to use construction to help in combat inside vessels from pulling plates of off the walls to use as shields but also the ability to rip apart ships and stations from the inside out, and have battles in the corridors and on the outer hulls of moving vessels.

And types of battles intrigue you and why?

What is going to intrigue me the most, is trading hub stations and how they handle defense and security. Because I believe that you won't just be able to attack a station all willy nilly like you will have to declare war or something based on my nothing but my own imaginings. It makes sense though because being able to nightcap a station would be really shitty. Especially if we are suppose to build everything after the first mega stations. So back to trading hubs, that allow a ton of different traffic from all kinds of different factions it will be very interesting to see how they handle evacuation of civilians and non combatants. Also it would be quite funny to see tons of merchant vessels being caught in a crossfire and having to zip around as they either tried to fight and not get shoot by both parties or just tried to escape. Now for the interitor of a trading station it will probably be open with many landing pads to accommodate the travel. So that will be a disadvantage also with a easy to know layout because you don't want people to get lost on their way to buy your stuff do you?

Morrgard

Master endo
One of the aspects of the game that tends to be overlooked a bit by the aspects of station and ship construction, is that the game will also have very heavy shooter aspects.

There is going to be a large selection of guns and weapons and ways to use construction to help in combat inside vessels from pulling plates of off the walls to use as shields but also the ability to rip apart ships and stations from the inside out, and have battles in the corridors and on the outer hulls of moving vessels.

I would love to have a fleet battle happen where you eventually send in boarding parties after an enemy ship's propulsion and defence systems were done (Exterior turrets) and taking part in the boarding, taking out the crew of the ship, moving corridor by corridor in a tactical fashion in attempts to clear it. The FPS style of the game looks fantastic and I hope it will be utilized a lot and not be forgotten as the battles go into fleet combat mainly.

I would love to see this as it would bring depth into the battle and more complexity, giving more playstyles a chance at the same time.

Boarding stations would also be cool trying to get to the core of it and capturing the data core of the station allowing a safe zone to be dropped, forcing an element of FPS in order to take a station rather than pure destruction, would be very cool.

Venixer

Well-known endo
Yeah its not just going to be just a matter of blowing up the ship's weapons and disabling the engines.

If you want to capture an enemy ship, chances are the crew of that ship, won't go down without a fight, pickaxe to pickaxe if they have to. Its going to get dirty, especially for particularly valuable ships.

DrunkRussianBear

Chancellor of the Argentavian Federation

I'd imagine defensive internal architecture would be key for boarding defense.

Sendall

Active endo
I love the idea of fighting with shotguns in the cramped interior of a frigate. Trying to find the bridge and secure a prize for The Argentavian Federation.

Morrgard

Master endo
I'd imagine defensive internal architecture would be key for boarding defense.
It definitely helps, but you can make internal in a lot of ways, I feel a very common thing you will encounter during boardings is probably maze-like designs where the intent is to get the boarders confused to where they are too go. Would be like a puzzle to get through that way, also making barricades of different kinds