Remote explosives and sabotage?

Joelfett

Well-known endo
I have been following the development of this game and have noticed something that has caught my eye, along with factories and weapons, i have noticed the possibility of sabotage using remote explosives and dismantling tools. I myself love remote explosives and sabotage, so I was hoping to see how that may work for those in CA and early access when it releases?

Orlover

Well-known endo
So first buy Remote explosive detonator and remote explosive container (holds 10 explosives)
20210519152726_1.jpg

Equip like so
20210519152959_1.jpg

Place explosives
20210519153030_1.jpg

And right click detonator....
20210519153040_1.jpg

And lament the fact that you are in safe space and can not damage anything here....or there would be a good sized hole in the ship now.

Personally I do most of my enemy ship desconstruction with a pickaxe, but C4 might be better against armor.

Joelfett

Well-known endo
It both sounds and looks great, i cant wait for the early access so i can experiment with this myself

Orlover

Well-known endo
What’s the range on the detonator?
Probably the visual link range honestly. Effectively if you are not shooting or interacting with a vehicle or SOMEBODY is not doing it, then it doesnt exist effectively if you are out of LOS to it. So maybe 1KM, but I bet if somebody is on it (keeping it active) and somebody flew off with the detonator a 100+KM away, it might still work. Would need a volunteer or two to test it.

Its actually kinda worth testing too. Cuse you can cause a hellova chain reaction with a few other objects :devilish:

Load up a fuel tanker and fly it into somebodies Starbase under Cap attack on autopilot with C4 all over it. Oh baby.

Probably the visual link range honestly. Effectively if you are not shooting or interacting with a vehicle or SOMEBODY is not doing it, then it doesnt exist effectively if you are out of LOS to it. So maybe 1KM, but I bet if somebody is on it (keeping it active) and somebody flew off with the detonator a 100+KM away, it might still work. Would need a volunteer or two to test it.

Its actually kinda worth testing too. Cuse you can cause a hellova chain reaction with a few other objects :devilish:

Load up a fuel tanker and fly it into somebodies Starbase under Cap attack on autopilot with C4 all over it. Oh baby.
Could you increase the distance by, essentially, making a "fuse" with fuel tankers (or other explodey bits) lined up between you and the target?

Orlover

Well-known endo
Could you increase the distance by, essentially, making a "fuse" with fuel tankers (or other explodey bits) lined up between you and the target?
Be kinda pointless. The explosions from fuel tanks is not that big, but its pretty.