Some of my friend are ready to quit because the ore and ship eating bugs (especially the refunds)

MAXD

Veteran endo
I know a guy lost a ship and be sent with his ship AND hundreds of rare ore
And now my friends at 1k deep in the belt lost there full loaded mining ship and waiting to quit.
Dont know the logic of the refunds
I lost a 128crate mining ship because of the player station SZ bug(attacked by pirates just near my fundation)
And I didnt get anything except an unusable voucher( cant use in SSC and ship shop)
This is common in our chat and lots of people quit because of these kinds of problem.

Mur

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
its an early access game, just take a break and come back in a few months and a lot of issues would be fixed and new content.

Womble

Veteran endo
Or "It's an early access game, don't get your knickers in a bunch about stupid stuff like this: it's to be expected." If you don't want to be bothered by such inconsistencies, don't go mad on early access games.

MAXD

Veteran endo
Firstly there most likely no more wipe
Then I dont think anyone would get back after losing their effort of half a week
And looking pirates using refund bugs or whatever to get Xhalium

Womble

Veteran endo
Then I dont think anyone would get back after losing their effort of half a week
Then you'd think wrong. Anyone who'll ragequit for that reason shouldn't be playing an early access game. This kind of stuff should be expected behaviour. It'll get sorted out eventually if it gets reported through proper channels. Our (small) Company has lost half a dozen ships (including ones full of precious high Tier ore) to bugs, and has a couple more that are "engineering casualties" that might be because of bugs (or ghosts... :) ) awaiting breaking for reuse of components. It's part of the expectation: early access games have bugs and you might get burned by them. Suck it up, report it via channels and if you get some compensation, you're golden. We've also had lost-by-bug ships returned a day or so later, with a voucher to build a second one, and I know we're neither alone in this, nor some special Dev-friends.

*FS*

Well-known endo
I lost a ship last night work on it for over 8 hours.. Tried to spawn it in ship designer bay and all i got was a small 36 beam. Tried to tow it and then just would not spawn? I will not stop playing this is a early access game and this is to be expected.

Edit: I did not try to get a ticket just call it bad luck and now moving on and try again.

Salbris

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
Meh, you people need to cool it with this attitude. If Starbase is going to grow in players and garner support it's going to need to do something to mitigate the loss of effort that people face. They have access to the database they could easily calculate how much these lost ships are worth and give players the amount of ore and credits as compensation.

Womble

Veteran endo
Meh, you people need to cool it with this attitude. If Starbase is going to grow in players and garner support it's going to need to do something to mitigate the loss of effort that people face.
Meh. It does. You put a ticket in, you either get your ship back, probably plus a "sorry for the inconvenience" or you get a voucher for what you lost. Most of the time. It's better than any other customer service at this stage of development of a game that I've seen.

They have access to the database they could easily calculate how much these lost ships are worth and give players the amount of ore and credits as compensation.
If the errors were predictably detectable by a mere database search, they'd be fixed already. You have to poke them to have a look.

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
Issues are hardly ideal and each week we fix a ton of stuff, however there's mountains of work to be done.

Our support refunds all ships lost to bugs. Their work eases a lot of the ticket includes correct ship selected and/or even a description of what was lost. If you haven't heard back in 36 hours (48 in weekends), put in a new ticket with more accurate description.

*FS*

Well-known endo
I was a victim of Outlaws of the Old West and i know bad Dev's! Frozenbyte has done nothing but push out updates/ bug fixes and get involved with the players of the game and i for one absolutely LOVE Frozenbyte and Starbase bugs and all.