Starbase Progress Notes: Week 33 - Capital Ship insight (2021)

ElluFB

Forever locked into The Pool
Frozenbyte
Forum_ProgressNotes.png

Hello everyone, here are the progress notes of the week 33 of 2021!

This week's progress notes are all about the Capital ships, and their state of development. Hope you enjoy these snippets of the Starbase development!

Please note that the "Progress Notes" are different from the Starbase "Patch Notes". Progress Notes are snippets from the development team and what has been worked on during the previous week, and many of the features might not be present in the current or upcoming builds of the Starbase Early Access. Some features, especially in the design portion, can be subject to change as the development continues.

discord_sb__divider_sb.png

Starbase Progress Notes: Week 33 (2021)

🔴 = Not started
🟡 = In progress
🟢 = Completed

Building the ship and devices
Capitalship_Feature_status_table_1.jpg

Fast travel requirements
Capitalship_Feature_status_table_2.jpg

Other features
Capitalship_Feature_status_table_3.jpg

Capital ships Feature Video

Gallery

Week15_2021_Starbase_exorium_tank.jpg Week15_2021_Starbase_large_generator.jpg Week33_2021_Starbase_nav_chip_data_saver_01.jpg
discord_sb__divider_sb.png

Purchase Starbase Early Access now on Steam!

Attachments

Kenetor

Master endo
LETS GO!
This format is a lot more readable and quite interesting to focus a singular topic too

Last edited:

mrchip

Well-known endo
I think i'm a bit colorblind because i struggle to tell the difference between the yellow and green dots :LOL:

Mur

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
I like the design of these notes a bit better much easier to read.

I’m a little worried about the capitals ship,

The fact that they have a safe zone that can’t be destroyed and the capitals ships can go anywhere are just going to break the game, it means I can go everywhere without risking anything and undermine as much as I want all the scarce resources without ever being worried

What’s the point of fighting? the resources are far from being scarce and in addition with my capital ship I can go to look for the scarce resources without risking anything.

How’s the economy gonna live with that kind of thing? Companies will never interact with each other if there is no interest in fighting for resources .

I was hoping that the game will became a kind of EVE online without the point and click side but finally I only see a space enginer with more player.

I hope I’m wrong or maybe it's just not the right game for me.

The biggest issue is too much safe zones everywhere, which leads too many people hiding behind it and not pushing for PVP. Please can someone from the Frozenbyte team address how they're going to combat this and make it more enticing for all players to get involved in combat and fight over territory/resources etc.. This has been a downfall of another game I've played where people hide behind the safe zone which kinda breaks the game for the PVP orientated player base. Of course PVE content is great but need to feed both sides. Capital ships being a complete safe zone will definitely break the game as mentioned above.

blazemonger

Veteran endo
Those one liners to show that massive advertisement for one's content channel in the signature is quite something.. /s

Last edited:

Oobfiche

Well-known endo
just a clarification for everyone, capital ship safezones come in two varients. civilian capital ship safezones are incapable of entering the belts or moons. when in combat the ship gets locked out. nothing can enter or leave it. military capital ships can go anywhere. their safezone is dynamic. a limited number of ships and players can go in and out during combat. and as for "traveling anywhere" you need the waypoint chips to even go to a location. so you drive with regular ships to that location. save the chip then drive all the way back to your base. so if you want to take your capital ship to another moon that isint elysium (as per example but the hour time is very close enough) second closest is ~83 hours in a straight path. so 83 hours to that moon. save the chip 83 hours back to your base. there are no warp gates or fast travel for regular ships so this will be the method to use.

STEALTH

Well-known endo
The biggest issue is too much safe zones everywhere, which leads too many people hiding behind it and not pushing for PVP. Please can someone from the Frozenbyte team address how they're going to combat this and make it more enticing for all players to get involved in combat and fight over territory/resources etc.. This has been a downfall of another game I've played where people hide behind the safe zone which kinda breaks the game for the PVP orientated player base. Of course PVE content is great but need to feed both sides. Capital ships being a complete safe zone will definitely break the game as mentioned above.
I don't understand this fear/concern. IF someone chooses to "hide behind" a CCAP SZ, they'd be using resources for nothing and accomplishing nothing. I assume these folks would be hardcore explorers. Anybody else would have to step out of that CCAP SZ to do something and everything coming/going from that CCAP is open to PvP. Even better, since the CCAP can't enter the belt...that travel to/from that CCAP will be telegraphed to all around it. The CCAP acting like a wonderful beacon that says, "Hey guys...we're over here!"

This doesn't even take into account somebody has to enter that PvP space FIRST to obtain coords for the CCAP. At that point they'd be better off just having a MCAP so they can go right into the belt leaving much less travel time to/from their ship. I am very curious about this other game you mentioned where SZs were a downfall. Maybe I'm just missing something in this fear so many are having about CCAPs