Starbase Progress Notes: Week 36 (2021)

ElluFB

Forever locked into The Pool
Frozenbyte
Forum_ProgressNotes.png

Hello everyone, here are the progress notes of the week 36 of 2021!

This week's progress notes include a few different important gameplay features, and their state of development. Hope you enjoy these snippets of the Starbase development!

Please note that the "Progress Notes" are different from the Starbase "Patch Notes". Progress Notes are snippets from the development team and what has been worked on during the previous week, and many of the features might not be present in the current or upcoming builds of the Starbase Early Access. Some features, especially in the design portion, can be subject to change as the development continues.

discord_sb__divider_sb.png

❌ = Not started
🟡 = In progress
☑️ = Completed

Spaceship registration and ownership
Table_01.png

Stations and player HUD
Table_02.png

Company tools
Table_03.png

Ball Turret
Table_04.png

Gallery
starbase_ball_turret1.jpg starbase_ball_turret2.jpg starbase_collapsible_controls.jpg starbase_company_station_access.jpg Starbase_station_HUD.jpg Starbase_durability_tool_textures_8.9.2021.jpg Starbase_resources_crafting_bench_01.png

Videos

discord_sb__divider_sb.png

Purchase Starbase Early Access now on Steam!

Kodey

Veteran endo
BALL TURRET?! Is it finally plaen time?!

Also, I feel like this should be said. Those ball turrets are huge. Also looks like the ball turrets are using flak guns!

Last edited:
View attachment 3197

Hello everyone, here are the progress notes of the week 36 of 2021!

This week's progress notes include a few different important gameplay features, and their state of development. Hope you enjoy these snippets of the Starbase development!

Please note that the "Progress Notes" are different from the Starbase "Patch Notes". Progress Notes are snippets from the development team and what has been worked on during the previous week, and many of the features might not be present in the current or upcoming builds of the Starbase Early Access. Some features, especially in the design portion, can be subject to change as the development continues.

View attachment 3198

❌ = Not started
🟡 = In progress
☑️ = Completed

Spaceship registration and ownership
View attachment 3199

Stations and player HUD
View attachment 3200

Company tools
View attachment 3201

Ball Turret
View attachment 3202

Gallery
View attachment 3203 View attachment 3204 View attachment 3205 View attachment 3206 View attachment 3209 View attachment 3207 View attachment 3208

Videos

View attachment 3198

Purchase Starbase Early Access now on Steam!
Maybe you can to start code joystick access?

Something sucks over this nicely looking format: translations.
Usually giving translations of Patchnotes etc to my mates on Discord but lately it´s not worth the efford, for everyone is waiting for FB to fix stations and gameplay while playing other games :(

There are many cool features incoming....
Keep up progression.

Thk

Learned-to-sprint endo
That durability tool picture concerns me that they are thinking about/planning to add ammo to it, which would be massively frustrating.

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
That durability tool picture concerns me that they are thinking about/planning to add ammo to it, which would be massively frustrating.
No such plans. Artists just have a habit of making all tools to support all options.

CalenLoki

Master endo
Woah! Ball turret!

So many questions!

I guess it gonna use some form of tripod code, that's why it need to be contained in ball shape to prevent any clipping.

Can we freely build things inside of it? Outside I guess is a no-go, to prevent collisions

Could you consider giving it at least 30 degree depression? It's quite important in space to aim downwards too.
People who want to put it on flat deck can just sink it into the deck for extra protection.

Can we use ball turret parts for other things?

Could we get non-square turret base part? I.e. make it octagon by cutting 144x144 triangles of the corners. Would help non-boxy ships.

Can we install more than 2 guns on it? i.e. 4.

And will we get some love for the good old turrets too? Not asking for much, just increase the torque (2x for small turntable. 4x for large turntable and cradles). Look what we can do with just slight boost in torque:

And mouse control for ships. Just let yolol know where the player is looking (bind it to 360x180 fov lever), and we'll do the rest. Or at least remove dead zone from current mouse control.

We appreciate hard work put into ball turrets, but there's not much work needed to make the normal turrets decent too!

XenoCow

Master endo
I can't wait for these ball turrets. I think they look even better than the old turrets for the job of being a turret.

Will you be able to slave them together?