Starbase Progress Notes: Week 38 (2021)

ElluFB

Forever locked into The Pool
Frozenbyte
Forum_ProgressNotes.png

Hello everyone, here are the progress notes of the week 38 of 2021!

This week's progress notes include a large-scale look into the features that are currently in the works and their state of development, as well as features that have been completed since the last time. Hope you enjoy these snippets of the Starbase development!

Below we have listed the different states, and an explanation of what that state means in terms of development process.
Design: first phase of development
Art asset: done after designing of the feature, but can be done either before, after or at same time with programming.
Programming: programmer implements the feature based on design
Configuration: feature is technically done but a designer needs to configure it
QA: feature is technically done but needs testing. May happen before or after configuration.
Please note that the "Progress Notes" are different from the Starbase "Patch Notes". Progress Notes are snippets from the development team and what has been worked on during the previous week, and many of the features might not be present in the current or upcoming builds of the Starbase Early Access. Some features, especially in the design portion, can be subject to change as the development continues.

discord_sb__divider_sb.png

Starbase Progress Notes: Week 38 (2021)

The weeks shown in the "Time in development" column are only the active development weeks the feature has been worked on and include all phases of development. The time is rounded up to weeks, so if one day has been spent on a feature during the week, it counts. Therefore, the weeks should be treated as a rough estimate only.

Completed
Table01_completed.png

In progress

New
progressnotes_w38_new_v3.png

Moons
Table03_moon.png

Capital Ships
Table04_capitalships.png

Spaceships
Table05_spaceships.png

Stations and Easy Build Hall
Table06_stations.png

Devices and machines
Table07_devices.png

Other
Table08_other.png

Gallery
Prognotes_w38_tankfiller.jpg Week39_2021_Starbase_endo_kit_test_screenshot.png

discord_sb__divider_sb.png

Purchase Starbase Early Access now on Steam!

Last edited by a moderator:

Venombrew

Master endo
will players in the future be capable of creating their own custom GUI? that is an underrated option that i do love a lot in games.

The progress notes look great, do you have a better idea when the moon bases will hit live? doesn't have to be exact just a rough estimate would be great.

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
What's in the box!
Keen as for this!! The Endo Kits look slick, kinda like flat-pack Endos hehe. Presumably for the reconstruction machine?
Endo box is actually more grim than it looks: it contains the inventory of a dead endo. So players will be dropping these when they die.

will players in the future be capable of creating their own custom GUI? that is an underrated option that i do love a lot in games.
That's the plan. You can actually edit current GUI already by right-clicking the UI elements and choosing edit. (you need to hold tab or press tab to enable cursor mode first). In the edit mode, you can move all elements around, scale them, add/remove hotbars, and also scale hotbars. Also chat can be moved/scaled/font size etc. changed from chat options (right click on top of it).

The progress notes look great, do you have a better idea when the moon bases will hit live? doesn't have to be exact just a rough estimate would be great.
Moon bases require the following features:
  • Station expansion, included in next PTU update (Base expansion soon after)
  • Moon ores, works at our end, but still in development
  • Moon ground deform server, still under work

Looking good! If I may though, I'd like to suggest colorizing the text and/or background of the "state" column for items that have progressed to a new state from the previous week. Keep up the great work!

AlexiyOne

Well-known endo
Looks cool, can you make it so this tool can refuel normal propellant tanks, since I don't like taking out my propellant tanks in flight and having to craft a refueled version.

Endo box is actually more grim than it looks: it contains the inventory of a dead endo. So players will be dropping these when they die.
Oh no :ROFLMAO: Poor Endo lol. Flatpack space coffin then! Hehe sounds cool.

That's the plan. You can actually edit current GUI already by right-clicking the UI elements and choosing edit. (you need to hold tab or press tab to enable cursor mode first). In the edit mode, you can move all elements around, scale them, add/remove hotbars, and also scale hotbars. Also chat can be moved/scaled/font size etc. changed from chat options (right click on top of it).
I love the fact that you can edit the GUI. Not many games let you do that!

Really looking forward to the Moon mining update .. And personally, in the future if I can ever build an underground base I'll be so excited.

Last edited:
They work fine from what I've seen until you try adding turntables/cradles. Then it'll wipe. Other than that it seems fine.
You mean benches wont dissapear anymore? Modules stay in place and can be connected to stations as Hydrogen-Tanks, Batteries and stuff?
Ships wont despawn within the station area? Building-Blocks and Modules wont get corrupted?

...sorry, maybe I missed some Patches - I thought I read all the Notes in the past weeks. Maybe missed something...

You mean benches wont dissapear anymore? Modules stay in place and can be connected to stations as Hydrogen-Tanks, Batteries and stuff?
Ships wont despawn within the station area? Building-Blocks and Modules wont get corrupted?

...sorry, maybe I missed some Patches - I thought I read all the Notes in the past weeks. Maybe missed something...
Factories work fine until you do what I stated, or try to bolt a welded beam, they've worked fine for most people. Check the station channel in discord.
Ships seem fine if you park them a little bit away from station.

When i last read in discord, nothing worked fine for nobody. Not even the benches stood in place - and I doubt they will .
Also...what sense does a station make, when I have to park my ship outside the station savezone?