Starbase Progress Notes: Week 42 (2020)

ElluFB

Forever locked into The Pool
Frozenbyte
Starbase Progress Notes: Week 42 (2020)
October 12th - 16th

Hello everyone. Here are the progress notes of Week 42, hope you enjoy!

Please note that the "Progress Notes" are different from the Starbase Alpha "Patch Notes". Progress Notes are snippets from the development team and what has been worked on during the previous week, and many of the features might not be present in the current or upcoming builds of the Closed Alpha. Some features, especially in the design portion, can be subject to change as the development continues.

Design

Features
  • Building Tool UX improvements have been tested
  • Ore distribution design in safe zone and nearby areas continues
  • Keybinds and usability improvements have been worked on
  • Ship to ship propellant and power transfer configurations done and are ready for testing
  • Auction House Buy Order design and feature planning has been worked on
  • Electricity and power related design has been worked on
Stations
  • 12 new player spaceships added to spaceship shops:
    • Beli, Fornbogi, Herfjotur, Momento, Merchantman, Nusa light shuttle, Micro, Mammoth, Eurypterid, Tabletka, Chemosh Ark I, Marlin
Spaceship Designer
  • Decorative Short Interior Girder and Decorative Girder 144 cm are no longer considered as beams
  • Ramp 72x144x144 cm is now Plate Triangle 72x144x144 cm and moved from Decorative plates to Plates/Triangle folder in asset browser
  • Plate Triangle 72x144x144 cm default material is now Bastium
  • Plate Triangle 72x144x144 cm Base color also changed to match with other plates
  • Decorative column A,B,C and D are no longer available in Spaceship Designer
  • Snap point fixes: Turret Cradle Side Armor should now snap with both Mounted Weapon Bodies (Fixed Weapon Mount 1 combination), Turret Cradle Side Armor also should now snap with Fixed Weapon Mount 2

Code

Gameplay
  • Work on station building continues
  • The implementation of ship-to-ship resource transfer via resource bridge was finished
  • A fix was made for coordinate issues in ship towing that made possible to tow ships from almost everywhere
  • Initial implementation of printer device is done
  • The first version of repair job tutorial has been implemented
User Interface
  • A tooltip for the test flight mode in Spaceship Designer has been implemented
Spaceship Designer
  • Lag spikes from placing cable and sockets on large ships have been fixed
  • Entering the test mode while editing a YOLOL chip now saves the changes instead of discarding them
  • Added localized user error messages to mega station designer if the user tries to save a station blueprint with too many parts or parts exceeding the station building area
  • Mega station designer's rotation tools rotating around the scene origin rather than selection origin has been fixed
  • Autosaves in Spaceship Designer were changed to show in the correct order from newest to oldest and to include dates in their names

Art

Animations and Emotes
  • Work on 1st person animation polish and sprint animations continues
  • Point, Yes and No emotes (1st person) are in the making
  • Pistol stand ADS aim poses polished
Armor
  • Praetorian textures and Adamant paintjob polishing is in progress
Other
  • Surface objects (rocks) were reduced to a reasonable amount on largest asteroid
  • A fix was made for a flickering issue with the surface objects in most situations

Gallery

Week42_Starbase_large_asteroid_surface_objects.jpg Week42_Starbase_large_asteroid_surface_objects_1.jpg

As always, feel free to ask any questions regarding these progress notes!
And if you haven't yet, go add Starbase to your Steam wishlist!

Kenetor

Master endo
nice! ship to ship will bring some interesting fleet mechanics later down the line

Last edited:
I really like the screen shots of the moon, Gives a nice representation of what to expect the terrain to be like.:)

Edit: I'm dumb those are asteroids but i still like the screen shots lol

Okim

Frozenbyte Developer
Frozenbyte
Finally the ship-to-ship transfer is about to arrive!

Also a bit sad that decorative plates got removed :(

excellent, with the transfer of fuel and energy from one ship to another it will finally be possible to create aircraft carriers, unfortunately, however, I see that there are still no news for new invitations to the closed alpha or some news for the beta ... I'm afraid I don't just have to wait :cry:.

Meboy1000

Active endo
So I wonder how close the next major content update is. and what will be in it? are we going to get station building next? Factories? Planet tech terrain manipulation? New sensors? Who knows

XenoCow

Master endo
So I wonder how close the next major content update is. and what will be in it? are we going to get station building next? Factories? Planet tech terrain manipulation? New sensors? Who knows
I suspect a big update full of surprises coming up soon too. They did it with moons before, there's no reason that there isn't some other big feature right around the corner.