Tracking Device

For pirates and other uses, why not have a tracking device that gets launched out of the grenade launcher and that attaches on a ship, but it has a detach timer and a view distance (how far you can see the signal of the tracking device) but the navigational receiver ups the range you can see the tracking device signal.
1. The signal can be customized.
2. Signal colour can be changed.
3. When tracking device detaches it can be picked up or it despawns.
4. It is kinda expensive so it doesn't prompt everyone pirating everyone.

Sounds good except pirates could probably just follow the ship cos I mean its kinda unlikely the pilot or crew are gonna look behind them and if they go into a dense asteroid field the pirate could hide nearby before the miner(s) get off their ship and look around

Jasperagus

Well-known endo
I wonder if there's a way we could make tracking devices with YOLO and stuff we already have in the game. I feel like tracking devices won't work right now because, well there's no map at the moment yet. Tracking devices would totally work on fleets and stuff though.

I wonder if there's a way we could make tracking devices with YOLO and stuff we already have in the game. I feel like tracking devices won't work right now because, well there's no map at the moment yet. Tracking devices would totally work on fleets and stuff though.

I was thinking that the tracking device would work only with distance like 1000km, not on a map.

Jasperagus

Well-known endo
I was thinking that the tracking device would work only with distance like 1000km, not on a map.
Ah, makes sense but on a map would be cool too. You put on a tracker at a station or something then if there's a convoy you can intercept it. How you want the trackers to work does depend on who you think uses it. Companys and Factions will use it differently thank smaller groups or solo players.