What kind of level of automation would you like to see in this game?

Jetthetank

Veteran endo
I would like to see different types of sensors to allow for some really cool automation programming, also would be cool if there is the ability to have gimbals and hinge type connections for ship/base building.

DrunkRussianBear

Chancellor of the Argentavian Federation
I would like to see different types of sensors to allow for some really cool automation programming, also would be cool if there is the ability to have gimbals and hinge type connections for ship/base building.
That would be amazing to see.

It would be awesome to have sensors that have the ability to sense different materials, and report their range. I would love the ability to hook 3 of these up with a script to some triangulated ore detection, or some kind of automated turrets for ships

Jetthetank

Veteran endo
I am thinking like custom bases with moving bay doors and hanger controls that are all player built and coded, not just presized doors that open and close.
also building automated ship manufacturing.

DrunkRussianBear

I am thinking like custom bases with moving bay doors and hanger controls that are all player built and coded, not just presized doors that open and close.
also building automated ship manufacturing.
I believe that'll all be possible, lets just hope the engine can take it.

Jetthetank

Veteran endo
Would be cool if you didnt just have AI defense turrets that you can set targeting parameters, but have systems you have to set up yourself with linking all the yolol coding with short and long range sensors and recognizer beacons for freindly/ enemy ships

DrunkRussianBear

Would be cool if you didnt just have AI defense turrets that you can set targeting parameters, but have systems you have to set up yourself with linking all the yolol coding with short and long range sensors and recognizer beacons for freindly/ enemy ships
I do believe that is the case too, I've not seen much mention of completely automated systems, most have to be made by the players themselves.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jetthetank

Veteran endo
or maybe on larger mega stations, having defense systems that need to be monitored to some extent.

DrunkRussianBear

lol, how did you become a mod russianbear?
lol, good to see you around again,
I've been a moderator for aaaages now on discord, but now I'm helping moderation in the reddit and official forums.
Was busy for a while though so was fairly inactive for a few weeks, now I'm back.

Jetthetank

Veteran endo
I dont mean having to be monitored in a sense of a game design feature, more of the individual stations custom player built defense mechanisms.

Jetthetank

Veteran endo
The way your station is defended imo, would totally depend on how you personally set up the defense armament with the coding and sensing recognition.

Jetthetank

Veteran endo
An active defense fleet will probably be a necessity for very large factions as you wouldnt expect to be able to defend such a large station or space with stationary defense or automation,..to a degree.