What would you name your ships and why?

Venixer

Well-known endo
What would you name your ship, and why would you choose that name in particular? And if you have more than one, plz tell.

(yes I know, no one has actually built any yet)

Share your idea.

Morrgard

Master endo
Too early to say really, I like to name ships & designs after their attributes or what they look like.

EDIT: for me

Last edited:
hard to come up with a name when we dont know all the capabilities of ships. Specifically Torpedoes and swarm missiles

Vexus

Master endo
Historically, vehicles named after their creator are successful, at least for branding.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/24328/how-14-car-companies-got-their-names

I think a lot of people will enjoy the idea of their name and ship style being branded and talked about if their ship designs impact the game world. If someone gets your design, and copies it, and produces cheap knock-offs... expect competition!

Animal names seem popular, and since it's space, space and sci-fi terms will likely be common. I'm sure someone is going to make a fast ship and name it the Comet.

TheMarksman

Veteran endo
Phoenix Multi-Role Fighter.
Already have that planned to be created.
Typically, I look towards mythological creatures for names.

Wicca

Well-known endo
I'll try to follow a name system based on small humorous sentences or phrases. Heres an example:
"Please don't shoot me"
"Don't turn your back to me"
"Is ready to mingle"
"Do you want bacon?"

Jetthetank

Veteran endo
Yea, I am thinking if a regimented squad is arranged, ships in that squad would have certain identifiers along with [T-GRV] on it most likely.
but individual ships would have varied naming signs, but with an internal global naming convention most likely.

Kimsemus

Well-known endo
CAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAW

is what I've always named my ships in EVE, and probably will here too because goons travel in groups and

Stanky

Active endo
Well, TUSE has a ship name list that we actively update. We’ve created a few meme names, and we are working on names for the “four horsemen of the apocalypse.” These four ships will be massive flagships. Our main flagship will be called “The Hand of Zucchini.” We worship The Mighty Zucchini so we are honoring it that way.

Edit: Our main flagship will always be called The Hand of Zucchini. So likely multiple ships will fall under the name over the entire history of TUSE.