Why Miner Lasers cannot salvage ships?

Erador

Well-known endo
Why can't mining lasers be used to shrink material and ore collector just collect it?

I understand, that question is more to gameplay mechanics, because maybe it's fair to develop salvaging technology/gameplay, that differ from basic mining loop.

What the game need is universal cargo crates.. Maybe somethinglike 2*3*2 the size of current crates but you can put anything in it and it would meassure by volume how much you can fit. So either a lot of small things or a few big ones.
Meaning it would be possible to salvage guns, thrusters etc in an efficient manner.

..I think this type of crates are on the roadmap.-. but not sure.

Daddystu

Active endo
What the game need is universal cargo crates.. Maybe somethinglike 2*3*2 the size of current crates but you can put anything in it and it would meassure by volume how much you can fit. So either a lot of small things or a few big ones.
Meaning it would be possible to salvage guns, thrusters etc in an efficient manner.

..I think this type of crates are on the roadmap.-. but not sure.
Yes what a massive change that would be. Unfortunately, I think it has to wait for Inventory V2 which doesn't seem to be any time soon.

You can take advantage of the cargo frame. This is exactly what you described: a cargo capacity that can accommodate a certain volume of any cargo. Hell, you can even cram an entire ship there, if you first unscrew the trusters from it.

You can take advantage of the cargo frame. This is exactly what you described: a cargo capacity that can accommodate a certain volume of any cargo. Hell, you can even cram an entire ship there, if you first unscrew the trusters from it.
Isn t the cargo frame still very buggy.. stuff can get lost in there, but also not really convinient. Becasue you got to stack stuff by hand. So for a few big things it is okej. Like guns maybe. But if you want to sell stuff you need to strip it down into individual components. Pretty much it s a lot of hassle to transport stuff that is not ore due to the need of manual stacking. even if cargo frame had no bugs