Why?

Kenetor

Master endo
because its better for long term information sharing, discord isnt great at searching for data and most conversations are a jumbled mess or 5 going on at once.
Forums make it easier to have bigger/longer structured conversations without the cross talk of others

Vel

Learned-to-sprint endo
Discord is a chaotic mess where nothing is saved. Atleast here you can search previous posts relatively well and talk on topics without digging them back up from the grave in a random discord channel

EllaFB

Community Manager
Frozenbyte
Why do we need these forums?
It is for the older folk who grew up at the golden era of forums and who can't quite get a hold of what is happening in those newer platforms like Discord. Yes, I'm talking about myself. :p

There has been several requests for forums and as some of you already commented, it is an easier platform on which actually discuss about things without comments getting lost to that sea of bits. At the beginning the action might be a bit more chaotic, but we plan tighten the rules soon to get rid of that Discord-like discussion. But we're giving people some slack during the first days, we do hope that everyone reads through the rules before posting.

We hope you have fun!

Last edited:

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
First thing I did was ask the devs if they planned forums. Honestly if they did not someone like me or others would have created them. There is always a demand for forums for games not always but majority of Space Games with similar theme seem to attract an older crowd.

Already it's been half a day and this forum has 500+ members so I think it already speaks volume.

Tumbla

Well-known endo
yeah, discord is supposed to fill the void of forums with its features but i like forums better for community its easier to find stuff and see latest stuff etc.

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
yeah, discord is supposed to fill the void of forums with its features but i like forums better for community its easier to find stuff and see latest stuff etc.
This is a really good point and in fact why I kind of lost a bit of touch with Starbase was because of Discord. I enjoyed focusing on topics and having great conversations. But sadly I felt as time went on the Discord conversations became very painfully numbing and not enjoyable and I started to drift away from Starbase.

The forums really restore that ability to letting me partake in conversations I choose to and have conversations that are on topic as there is a topic.

Morrgard

Master endo
I would say much like previous comments, a forum is really good for keeping track of which topics & discussions you are partaking in and being able to return to it staying active, whilst as discord is great it just goes too fast sometimes and derails from topic often, whilst here it's easy to moderate in comparison making it for more on point discussions.

Also easier to find things! forum is good