will there be a way to use modules in yolol?

as in, can you use one code chip to activate another one? also can you create functions in the language or only use the pre-written functions

ElluFB

Forever locked into The Pool
Frozenbyte
Yes, the chips can communicate with other chips through device fields and alter each other's running state that way. There's also a field in the chip that allows pausing its execution from another chip/device. However, YOLOL doesn't currently support user-made functions.

PopeUrban

Veteran endo
Yes, the chips can communicate with other chips through device fields and alter each other's running state that way. There's also a field in the chip that allows pausing its execution from another chip/device. However, YOLOL doesn't currently support user-made functions.
Don't they have all of the characteristics of a private function? I could pass a value in to one and read the output without knowing anything about the code the chip is running. If you keep going with this analogy aren't yolol networks practically namespaces?

How far does this analogy go? If I physically tap a yolol network, for instance, how much of it can I snoop? Do I have immediate access to all of its vars or do I need to explicitly call for a variable to read/change it? Are there any security measures that would prevent me from hotwiring an existing network in this manner or are these systems deliberately insecure to encourage secure physical network designs?

What about transmitters and recievers? Do I receive transmissions in plain English and need to implement my own primitive encryption, or is there a handshake system? How easy is it for me to spoof transmitter traffic? Can I just rename my transmitter and echo to confuse a receiver? How does a reciever react to the same transmission coming from two identically named transmitters? Is breaking someone's coordinate system as easy as writing echo scripts?

totoro

Learned-to-sprint endo
Ultimately, the only thing chips can "do" is read and write device fields. There's an article on the wiki that lists them all, or you can just look up specific devices to see what you can fiddle with with yolol.

sYn

Endokid
I don't think the capability of being able to read and write to device fields from muliple chips should be underestimated. This can definatly be exploited to create some nice complex network systems! This functionality easily gives chips the ability to indirectly communicate in real time.