Cameras/Monitors/Video Feed/Communication Devices/Microphone/speakers etc...

I wonder if there is a plan about adding some kind of cameras and monitors of different size for video feed ? For those who dont know, there is a game named "Stormworks Build And Rescue". It's a very nice complex vehicle building game. In the game there is the possibility to put cameras outside a submarine and link it to monitors inside so you're not directly exposed since there is no windows or else , but at the same time you can see and it's kinda balanced since the view you have is limited to the angle of view of the camera along with a lesser image quality than you would obviously get from looking directly with your eyes. You would certainly have a better view with a window and a normal cockpit, but you trade it for an okay view and an unexposed cockpit if implemented in Starbase as an exemple. Building Security systems inside big ships and stations could be a possibility and you could use it as a landing,reverse camera below or behind the ship etc... . Drones could also be a thing. There is just so many possibilities available along with creative ways to use and implement it,

Communications could be a microphone linked to a button that you press and talk to transmit a signal from an antenna to somewhere else with a receiver and a speaker to hear it along with com channels like a radio for private communications or else. "Stormworks Build And Rescue" is a good learnable exemple of interesting game mechanics. The video,radio communication ones are a good exemple and a great idea to implement. Not necessarily a copy pasted implementation, but something similar or close to it. Endos could have little hand radios to cummunicate with each others. Cameras could be linked to movements sensors and linked to alarms so that when it detect someone or something moving it activate an alarm. Players could be alerted that way and try to find the cause of the alarm and possibly kill the invader ?

Imagine people being able to buy Shoulder Cameras and stream their EndoLife on some kind of Endotube youtube wannabe system for the people to see from inside the game, i think that would be funny. Devs could designate someone as a endonews reporter who could tell news about what is happening inside the game, ressources shortage, war at station 1 or 2 etc... for people to see on monitors while walking on the station or sitting somewhere in front of a monitor like they are watching tv. This would give the possibility of an information and communication network inside the game. Watch out there is a rise of the number of pirates in a certain region and ask endos to be cautious which would be helpful in order for people to avoid them and force raiders/pirates to move frequently instead of camping one sector and it would put them at risk if not careful. This could be a way for the developers to communicate and interract in a way to prevent the game to break from players quitting due to raiders, the economy or a certain station going bankrupt. They could say "that station was hit hard" we ask every endo to give a hand in rebuilding it along with the economy like some kind of Endotarian help.

There is a lot of future possibilities that goes along with implementing video and com features. Cameras,monitors,screens,speakers,microphones,antennas,receivers and thats it. It's one of the best things that could be implemented that give a ton of possibilites and also give the opportunity to the players to be even more creative with their designs etc...

Last edited:

Verbatos

Veteran endo
You could just stream on real Twitch or YouTube bro.

Also, cameras for ships have been a very contentious topic, though there is a general agreement between the more experienced players that they shouldn't be implemented (from what I've seen).

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
Cost and Impact of such an idea is just not worth it. You would really be better off like Verbatos said streaming it onto the Internet. It would not really be a camera in game it be physically placing someone in space at that view point. That alone would cause way more overhead especially for networking, etc.

I like Camera's within a ship or station where you can have another view point where instead of it being you see a bunch of monitors it's you click to have that view instead. But not outside of your own ship or station it have to be died to that structure.

Tell me, what would be the impact of such an idea ? I said imagine a camera on the shoulder as one of the exemples, but that part was just an half baked not so serious exemple.

The entire idea is now being discredited because of one exemple of how it could be implemented ? Thats a nice thing to see since there is definitively more exemples and ways to implement it in my message, but okay.

Putting a camera on your ship linked with a wire to a monitor inside of it would break the game ? Do you really think that ?

Last edited:
You could just stream on real Twitch or YouTube bro.

Also, cameras for ships have been a very contentious topic, though there is a general agreement between the more experienced players that they shouldn't be implemented (from what I've seen).

If they think that cameras shouldn't be implemented there is a serious problem there. It's just a great idea overall. Imagine being a robot "endo" piloting space ships with force fields etc... being able to transport cargo and asteroids, but cant even build a primitive camera which is the same thing every endo use for eyes in order to see the world around them in terms of endo anatomy. Now i'm starting to wonder about the future of the game. Do the people want the game to evolve, progress and be developped or just to stall it for the devs to stop implementing things due to a lack of ideas ? Lets remove everything in the game, keep the two military factions, make a 100.000 km2 map and release it as a orange vs blue spacefight game. Veterans or youtubers said it so lets make it a reality.

It's nice to see the fact that these experienced players want the game to be centered around them. I will never understand how people can end up thinking that adding and implementing things in a game which would give it a lot of possibilities to become great is supposedly not a good thing lol. The game could slowly become a masterpiece, but since experienced players mean good opinions lets trust them. How many games died or failed to deliver because of such things ?

Implementing it would just mean that there is more possibilities and from those possibilities, new ones could be created and after that even more and before you know it you have an entire civilisation built with every systems and features working well together giving the players infinite creativity and possibilities. They think that such a thing shouldn't exist and since they play a game they are gods who know all and everything. Lets trust them and do the spacefight game that they want. The one that i just mentioned.

I bet not a single one of them can give a real and solid exemple or reason of why it shouldn't be implemented. Such things shouldn't be implemented because "I" dont want it to be because "I" simply dont like the idea for whatever personal reason and "I" played the game so "I" am an absolute being and take precedence over everything else.

Last edited: