This was a BEAST of a project..
Took way longer than I expected..

But it works

Single deck, no repeat draws
Fully random drawing
Privacy for each players private cards
Betting and bank system
Hand value and winner evaluation
All the full rule set and features of standard texas holdem poker with full automation

God.. so happy I will be able to finally put it down so I can try something else.

I'm sick of card games now lol
Next up retro arcade games

But as always.. there is no way to protect it from copying.... so I will never print it or share/sell copies...

Unless the devs add yolol locking *wink wink*

Last edited:
Currently, Yolol locking has a few main problems:
1. A malicious ship designer could have less-than-helpful code that can be detrimental to an uninformed user (e.g. turning on the transponder outside of a safezone, though this can be mitigated by a transponder status output and just cutting the cable), though this would be noticed almost immediately.

2. Is there anything stopping someone from purchasing blueprint, and then spying on the code via the yolol edit menu? Although if the upcoming blueprint protection system can be expanded upon this, it would be feasible to be able to "lock" certain things unless the original designer is present. For example, instead of displaying the code in the ship designer it could say "This yolol chip is locked by <username of original designer>", and in the live universe instead of being able to unlock the chip it could display a red lock that says "Code protection enabled - please contact the designer of this ship for further information". Unfortunately, this means people can distribute whole copies of the ship or just simply move the chips to their own ship - but they will never be able to copy your code, I guess?

Also, props to you for making poker - very cool!

Dscript

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
Currently, Yolol locking has a few main problems:
1. A malicious ship designer could have less-than-helpful code that can be detrimental to an uninformed user (e.g. turning on the transponder outside of a safezone, though this can be mitigated by a transponder status output and just cutting the cable), though this would be noticed almost immediately.

2. Is there anything stopping someone from purchasing blueprint, and then spying on the code via the yolol edit menu? Although if the upcoming blueprint protection system can be expanded upon this, it would be feasible to be able to "lock" certain things unless the original designer is present. For example, instead of displaying the code in the ship designer it could say "This yolol chip is locked by <username of original designer>", and in the live universe instead of being able to unlock the chip it could display a red lock that says "Code protection enabled - please contact the designer of this ship for further information". Unfortunately, this means people can distribute whole copies of the ship or just simply move the chips to their own ship - but they will never be able to copy your code, I guess?

Also, props to you for making poker - very cool!
For 1. Sure there would be that risk. But I imagine the market would not like locked yolol in their ship. A ship with x value would be devalued by buyers if there was locked yolol. And I doubt the devs would put locked yolol in the shops.. and buying from players already has this risk but worse.. because there could be a second transponder hidden in the ship that is secretly controlled...

Locked yolol does not increase the ability to sabotage, there are already better ways to sabotage

Buying ships from other users which are not from ship shop is already as risky as it can be

For 2. Yes. Of course the code would need to be invisible and uncopiable. If it is traded, stolen, or moved I see no problem.. As long there is no way to duplicate it. (Eg removing the chip then using repair tool)

Main issue could be repair.. but the market would solve that

You might want 2 settings..
Locked but can duplicated via repair tool
Locked no duplication
Just so one could choose to protect source code copying but allow full ship repair

Locked yolol(especially unrepairable if colpletly lost/destroyed) will be disliked by the ship buying market, so unless the locked chip is so unique and usefull that it adds enough value as to compensate for this it would not be smart to lock it because you would loose sell price value (probably significant money if the chip could not be repaired)

Last edited:
Having a second transponder on a ship ceases the ship's ability to move, so that issue is null and void.

and yeah, having the ability to prevent duplication would be interesting.

Dscript

Having a second transponder on a ship ceases the ship's ability to move, so that issue is null and void.

and yeah, having the ability to prevent duplication would be interesting.
Interesting.. I did not know that.. still the "hidden code" sabotage is still easily done by hiding a yolol chip deep inside the ship.. so locking code doesnt really increase the possibility of yolol sabotage

Yeah. I really hope they add it, cause then I, and others, could sell our yolol creations, particularly non ship related yolol creations

Aha

Veteran endo

Dscript

You post this amazing thing and dare to say that!? I would love to get one of this for my faction, please!? I will not betray you, I can't afford to ruin my reputation - being the leader of Angelwing Empire.
https://forum.starbasegame.com/threads/angelwing-empire.2105/
I am sorry

I really wish I could.

But on a matter of principle...

Until us coders get protection for our works it will only exist in my ssc as something I created personally for the fun of the challenge

I REALLY want to participate in the starbase economy with coding.. and I will martyr myself and doom my creations to never see the light of day in that effort

If and when they implement yolol protection I will contact you immediately

I appologize.. I really wish I could print and sell you poker tables

Aha

Veteran endo
I am sorry

I really wish I could.

But on a matter of principle...

Until us coders get protection for our works it will only exist in my ssc as something I created personally for the fun of the challenge

I REALLY want to participate in the starbase economy with coding.. and I will martyr myself and doom my creations to never see the light of day in that effort

If and when they implement yolol protection I will contact you immediately

I appologize.. I really wish I could print and sell you poker tables
Alright :( ...do you have a company yet? :)))

Dscript

Alright :( ...do you have a company yet? :)))
Yeah.. I'm in a company.. but I just spend my time solo in the scc.. for me stabase is all about the yolol puzzle game

Last edited:

Dscript

Wow! This looks awesome! :eek:
Thank you.. I love yolol.. great work on creating an awesome puzzle game

Any chance it can become a multiplayer economy game for me too?

Just add a feature to lock and protect the chips and I can start printing and selling copies to all the people who really want it for their bases and factions. ;)

Dscript

Wow! This looks awesome! :eek:
It would also be really cool if locked chips were given visible unique IDs so they are identifiable

Eg.. when I lock a chip i can give it a unique name or ID.
That way there is a secondary market

People can buy/sell old or stolen locked chips without worrying the seller is lying about what chip it is

And pirates and salvage could rip out locked chips and sell them as parts

PriskaFB

Frozenbyte Developer
Frozenbyte
Any chance it can become a multiplayer economy game for me too?

Just add a feature to lock and protect the chips and I can start printing and selling copies to all the people who really want it for their bases and factions. ;)
I asked our devs and there have actually been some plans for securing Yolol chips too, but there's no ETA on that. Unfortunately I don't have any more information about the plans at the moment, but hopefully you'll be able to someday share your poker table and other work with other players. I'm kinda looking forward to it, because my own yolol-knowledge is nonexistent but the idea of an arcade hall is intriguing :LOL:

Dscript

I asked our devs and there have actually been some plans for securing Yolol chips too, but there's no ETA on that. Unfortunately I don't have any more information about the plans at the moment, but hopefully you'll be able to someday share your poker table and other work with other players. I'm kinda looking forward to it, because my own yolol-knowledge is nonexistent but the idea of an arcade hall is intriguing :LOL:
Awesome

Thank you very much

Knowing it's in the pipeline will help motivate me even more to keep building.. the knowledge that one day I can sell my stuff is very motivating