A comprehensive solution to the problem of activity in the game.

MixCTATNCT

Active endo
Impressive that some of you guys are attempting to respond to the Great Wall of Text. I tried reading through it and just got a massive headache.
Well, just a lot of thoughts, it's not usual for everyone. And if the text is more than 3 lines, well, I'm so used to it. By the way, this is not enough. During development, I would still be scolded that it's not enough just 10 pages that you feel sorry for words?
Ну просто много мыслей, это не для всех привычно. А если текст больше 3 строк, ну я так привык. Это кстати мало. Во время разработки меня бы ещё поругали что мало всего то 10 страниц что тебе слов жалко?

MixCTATNCT

Active endo
Really long post for not a lot of sensible, well-informed or evidence-supported points. Plus, a very consistent thread of "I know better than you" that seeps all over the text and its severe lack of line breaks, continuing its weavy, off-putting path all through the replies. But I digress. Let me go through a few quotes.

This one is just about as irrelevant to the rest of my points as the first two paragraphs are irrelevant to the rest of the post, but I thought it was super funny. You duly acknowledge that making a claim supported by no evidence will not lead to any sort of response and not many believing you, and then in the very next sentence you make a near idential claim! I couldn't write irony into a story this well even if I tried.

Alright, now to the juicy stuff. Supposedly.

How many hours have you logged into the game? What type of activities did you do? Have you participated in the CA? Starbase is a game that's been developing for the past like.. half a decade? and has changed a ton during that time. Background that is relevant to the game itself would make your points much easier to trust.

Oh no.

Oh dear god no. Pokemon GO and Starbase are so vastly different that you are essentially saying that "since gelatin is so great and tasty, why aren't we adding tons of it to borsht?". They appeal to different audiences, they have vastly different developers, they have directly opposite plans for monetization and currently suffer through problems that have barely any similarities.

(extensive) company functionality is coming. Actually, quite a bit of it is already in the game, and Frozenbyte have stated that more work will be put into it.

Most of the accounting in EVE is done outside of the game. The territory map isn't on the official website or anything, and many share and collaborate on tables via Google Sheets.

"Since watermelon is so good, we should add it to the recipe of fried chicken."

You've made the comparison to the wonderful space economy simulator, so let's look at it. Having to do economy on spreadsheets outside the game doesn't make anyone in EVE turn off the game, really. Google Sheets on one screen (or your preferred FOSS alternative, my point stands), game on the other, Alt+Tab to switch between the two - done.

Interesting suggestion, but it would have to be written out into its own separate posts (with line breaks! and images, if you would like to). Additionally, a scouting system based on radiation is being worked on, so based on it something like this could be developed, based on the needs of the playerbase.

Woah, getting rid of tedium? Here we go.

Oh. Three lines.

Welp. It was an intriguing start to a paragraph.

Company functionality, is, again, being worked on.

And so on, and on, and on. Frankly as a reader I do not have any reason to believe that the rest of the post will bring any more value into my frontal cortex so let's just stop here. All of these suggestions, which you have very INSISTENTLY made clear must be implemented TOGETHER with NO COMPROMISES and not in PARTS, increase the scope of the game MASSIVELY, and, as I agrue, quite needlessly.

Detailed gun attachments? For a game where you fly spaceships to get around?
Well-made UI for communication and synchronisation, loading the server infrastructure further and requiring so, so many new UI/UX engineer hires - for what? For something the players can do themselves? Why would you ever want to approve that, as a game designer? Why invest time into making your space game more about spreadsheets, when you could invest that time into making it more about... spaceships?

And, in the end, this doesn't even address the main troubles of the game. Ships are too slow. Space is too big. No way to meet anyone. Nothing to do in-game. All of these things are something that the community desperately wants fixed and yet... spreadsheet UI. Yeah.

For now, I'd like to tell you a tale. A tale... of scope.

They start making a space game. Some experience from the past, a few successful releases. They make a demo. Detailed flight model, amazing graphics and references to past works. Whoa, this sounds good. Let's ask the public for some funds.

So they did.

The public loved it.

One, two, five. Twenty, fourty, seventy. Hundred-and-ten, two hundred, seven hundred. As the hundreds of thousands of dollars' worth of support piled in, the team danced from happiness. They could make their dream game!

But as they worked, the money didn't stop pouring in. So they scoped up a little. We'll add a few more spaceships. And let people pledge money to get the spaceship as soon as the game releases. And we'll add a new place to land at if people pledge this much money. Maybe even a new space station at that amount? Two space stations if they can really make their wallets dance, even. We can afford to scope up a tad, right? We can hire more people, right?

Buuut, 10 cooks don't make a pot of borscht any faster than one. Especially when the head chef keeps demanding to make more and more borscht without throwing out the old one.

More spaceships, planets, persistent servers, realistic planet generation, volumetric clouds, accurate temperature systems, MORE spaceships, MORE planets, and A HUNDRED STAR SYSTEMS?

four.
hundred.
million.

As of Monday, 22nd of November of 2021, the Star Citizen project crosses the $400,000,000 mark of money raised via crowdfunding. The current version of the universe is a technological breakthrough in the game industry, and yet - the game isn't finished. New alien ships. New human ships. New aliens for new ships and for new humans for new ships.

The scope grows.
But does the game's worth follow?
I still want to say here that, well, about the fact that I came up with a game at the time that is, it's such an intellectual joke. In fact, I have met many people with similar discoveries. And they were all smart people. Such stories are also popular on YouTube and on television. They are mostly serious people. With great achievements, but in childhood they had such "not before the discovery". You didn't have that. Neither with myself, not with my parents, nor with my friends. Sorry. Well, there's nothing to be done, right?

Я тут всё таки хочу сказать, что ну по поводу того что я придумал в своё время игру которая есть, это такая интеллектуальная шутка. На самом деле, я много встречал людей с подобными открытиями. И все они были умными людьми. И на ютубе и на телевиденье такие истории тоже популярны. В основном это серьёзные люди. С большими достижениями, но в детстве у них происходили вот такие вот такие вот "не до открытия". У вас такого не было. Ни с собой не с родителями, ни с друзьями. Жаль. Ну тут ничего не поделать ведь так?

Just too much offtopic and autobiography.
- One phrase like "I'm a level-designer with 5year experience" is enough to get peoples attention.
- "During development, I would still be scolded that it's not enough" - the text is poorly structurized and thus unplesent to read.

And it can be even shorter. Just say KOO! You won't understand... %)
=) Koo! What's new on Pluke?
Longer is nont always better. (Yes, I've read some books by S. Freud). But I'm talking about expressing one's thoughts. Each word is understood slightly different and inpires different reactions int the person you are communicationg with. The more words you use the bigger is the gap between waht you are trying to tell and how it's actually understood. That is why expressing thoughts briefly improves makes it easier for others to understand them.
We can discuss the life on Pluke somewhere else if you wish. I'm a big fan of this film.