After Last Update Getting Red Boxes everywhere with Durability?

*FS*

Well-known endo
I have no clue why a beam that is welded needs more bolts? and every duct now went from orange to Red? After the last update in Ship Designer which was yesterday?

Attachments

Womble

Veteran endo
Well, those ducts don't look like they have bolts in them... Did you move or rotate the whole ship with bolts locked out? Won't be able to check my own setup til later, but has this happened to other designs? If it has, you may have found a bug.

The "needs more bolts" message on a beam is a leftover from when bolts and connection plates were used instead of welding. I think it basically means your beam hasn't welded properly, though there are other messages about that, too, so there's probably some particular circumstance that pops the legacy error message instead of the "beam needs to be welded to two others" current one.

*FS*

Well-known endo
Well, those ducts don't look like they have bolts in them... Did you move or rotate the whole ship with bolts locked out? Won't be able to check my own setup til later, but has this happened to other designs? If it has, you may have found a bug.

The "needs more bolts" message on a beam is a leftover from when bolts and connection plates were used instead of welding. I think it basically means your beam hasn't welded properly, though there are other messages about that, too, so there's probably some particular circumstance that pops the legacy error message instead of the "beam needs to be welded to two others" current one.
Yeah i did see that bolts vanished put them back in and again they vanished lol not moving or rotating ship? I have beams all over that have red boxes everything was fine til update and when i selected all welded and use auto bolt! I kept building decided to check test mode and check how much room i had to pull out fuel rods and all of a sudden all fuel rod chambers and gens started floating? I just selected all and use auto bolt? went back check settings for bolt all and remove bolts was not checked? everything had bolts? even just building a wall of 12 triangle thrusters it asks for me to add 2 extra bolts to the nozzles and still has issues? I can't even build a ship atm? lol man..

Attachments

Last edited:

*FS*

Well-known endo
This one beam and a picture of red boxes everywhere.. The one beam i deleted it put a new same deal? Lift it out and un-selected it and tells me it needs to be connected to 2 beams to make a connection. lol I am bummed man i love to build.. Guess i can just go swing a pick and mine.. dooh

Attachments

Womble

Veteran endo
Have you put in a bug report with F1? If this is as bad as it sounds, that's the only way it's likely to get any betterer.

*FS*

Well-known endo
Have you put in a bug report with F1? If this is as bad as it sounds, that's the only way it's likely to get any betterer.
You know i have not i have reported bugs and have no clue if it even got when it was met to be sent?

*FS*

Well-known endo
All i can do atm is mine and use easy build cockpits to make ships, used a easy build cockpit with this ship/ Repair Van i tried to build ships just in plain air and they vanish forever. Guess the next ship to build will be the Dirty Sanchez Taxi, be the same colors of the tijuana taxis Green white and red.

Attachments

Womble

Veteran endo
You know i have not i have reported bugs and have no clue if it even got when it was met to be sent?
You probably won't get much in the way of feedback from most bugs. Many will already be under investigation, others are just "in the triage queue" and the rest are just waiting to be attended to. But if what you're seeing is systematic, it might well get dealt with quickly. If no one reports it, it'll never get fixed. So just report it. You might get some response on Discord or here, but I reckon it'd be more likely if you've also put in a bug, which process can capture game state and always includes a screenshot :)

Good luck getting it sorted.