Another Ship Blueprint Question

The most fun way to play I found so far is to build a minimal ship shell in designer that just flies and that's it, then fly it into the belt and slowly mine and research and build my ship by hand.
I think I have now gotten my ship to the state where it might be able to attempt a crossing to zone three. I basically improved things so I could store enough propellent to hopefully cross what appears to be a zone 2 which appears to be ice-free.
Anyway, I am thinking I will probably get destroyed by a player or roid on the way so I am looking to turn my ship into a blueprint, but I have no idea how to do that.
Other threads I have seen that say it isn't possible appear to be talking about bought ships so I was not sure if you can do it with ships entirely hand built.

c15-shot.jpg

Yes... I know....

Askannon

Veteran endo
There is currently no way of turning a ship into a blueprint.

That being said, while you won't be able to get a blueprint out of it, you can however save the current state of your ship, so that when it is damaged you can use the blueprint tab of the U-tool to repair it (here it is also where you save it).
And if your ship is small enough to be spawned at Origin/a private hangar hall you can also use the repair hall feature(edit: to repair the ship to its saved state), as long as you can get the ship there.

I want to add that turning ships into blueprints was supposed to be implemented in the form of a drive-in designer. But as development is currently limited to bugfixes we will not see that for the foreseeable future.

...you can however save the current state of your ship, so that when it is damaged you can use the blueprint tab of the U-tool to repair it (here it is also where you save it).
And if your ship is small enough to be spawned at Origin/a private hangar hall you can also use the repair hall feature(edit: to repair the ship to its saved state), as long as you can get the ship there.
That sounds just like what I need.

I want to add that turning ships into blueprints was supposed to be implemented in the form of a drive-in designer. But as development is currently limited to bugfixes we will not see that for the foreseeable future.
Yep. While I do look forward to any feature updates, I am quite happy if FB focus on steady bugfixing for as long as it takes. As long as they don't actually abandon it - as so many people are accusing them of doing.

Thanks for the reply :)