Community Manager?

J.D.

Veteran endo
Hello, just wondering if there is a community manager I can DM for the starbase? Thanks 🙏

La_fleur_

Well-known endo
There are contacts of the company's employees in the official Discord. You can write to them in private messages

J.D.

Veteran endo
U
There are contacts of the company's employees in the official Discord. You can write to them in private messages
Unfortunately, I am not in the official discord for personal reasons. Although, I’d like to change that, but in order to do so, I need to talk to a CM or something in confidence to make it work for me. So I wasn’t sure if there was someone I could have a private conversation with here on this forum..

Askannon

Veteran endo
U

Unfortunately, I am not in the official discord for personal reasons. Although, I’d like to change that, but in order to do so, I need to talk to a CM or something in confidence to make it work for me. So I wasn’t sure if there was someone I could have a private conversation with here on this forum..
To appeal a moderation action, email community@frozenbyte.com
Messages to [...] Community email must be sent in English.
I assume

If it isn't, I'll list the Moderators, as I don't know of many community managers besides KayFB (discord tag: siga) and he tends to be busy.

J.D.

Veteran endo
I
I assume

If it isn't, I'll list the Moderators, as I don't know of many community managers besides KayFB (discord tag: siga) and he tends to be busy.
I have also tried that email a couple times, and I never get a response. Last time I tried was, April 30th. No response. In years past, I used to easily be able to get ahold of someone through that email, they never ignored me. Now suddenly after 3 years, no response to emails.. so I kinda figured maybe they were too busy or someone. I don’t know.. but if there is someone in particular I can message, who really wouldn’t mind me doing so, that would be cool.

Askannon

Veteran endo
I think it is mostly that there are no more full time community managers.
You could message the moderator Dusty, who at least was once a community manager, see dustyFB here on the forum (also I don't know if there's @ on this forum but here is a topic he started here with his own account).
Alternatively discord if needed (discord tag I can send you if needed, but non-devs I try to not cross-link)

J.D.

Veteran endo
I think it is mostly that there are no more full time community managers.
You could message the moderator Dusty, who at least was once a community manager, see dustyFB here on the forum (also I don't know if there's @ on this forum but here is a topic he started here with his own account).
Alternatively discord if needed (discord tag I can send you if needed, but non-devs I try to not cross-link)
Ok, I appreciate it. I’ll try to dm dusty here in the forum and hopefully get an answer.

J.D.

Veteran endo
I’ve tried dusty, Lauri, and Kai. Not a word from anyone. 🤷‍♂️

Askannon

Veteran endo
I’ve tried dusty, Lauri, and Kai. Not a word from anyone. 🤷‍♂️
I've poked dusty, and he said that
The emails are already poking the right people, but I can't guarantee they'll respond. Mods specifically do not handle unban appeals since we're generally the people that hand them out, and there's an obvious conflict there.
So if it is not an unban request, maybe message me and I'll poke dusty in private to see if he is allowed to do something in that case. Otherwise, the above quote will have to suffice.

J.D.

Veteran endo
Tha

So if it is not an unban request, maybe message me and I'll poke dusty in private to see if he is allowed to do something in that case. Otherwise, the above quote will have to suffice.
Thankyou for trying for me, I really appreciate that. But, nah it’s for an unban appeal. I’ve sent to starbase community, as well as support, and haven’t gotten a reply. Thankyou though

J.D.

Veteran endo

I would like to ask you, if you wouldn’t mind asking dusty what he thinks about an appeal with me… he works with those guys there at FB, figured he might know something, maybe I’m deeply hated by the team or something. I don’t know, but it sure feels like it. I’m just trying to find out if I have a chance because I haven’t gotten an answer from any emails I’ve sent. old CM team used to tell me to try again later when I appealed, but that was years past before the game took a break. If you don’t mind.. you can tell him it’s Quackster. He will probably know who I am. Even if he says “yea they hate you, you aren’t coming back to the discord” at least I’ll know so I can stop asking.

Askannon

Veteran endo
I would like to ask you, if you wouldn’t mind asking dusty what he thinks about an appeal with me… he works with those guys there at FB, figured he might know something, maybe I’m deeply hated by the team or something. I don’t know, but it sure feels like it. I’m just trying to find out if I have a chance because I haven’t gotten an answer from any emails I’ve sent. old CM team used to tell me to try again later when I appealed, but that was years past before the game took a break. If you don’t mind.. you can tell him it’s Quackster. He will probably know who I am. Even if he says “yea they hate you, you aren’t coming back to the discord” at least I’ll know so I can stop asking.
to be honest there's not much any of the mods can do. His situation requires discussion with and among community managers, and currently there aren't any of those.

J.D.

Veteran endo
This confuses me, because while in game, on the Stu, I asked Lauri if I can send him a DM. When I sent him one, I asked about getting a ban release, his reply was that he would ask the CM if they can unban me. So, this is extremely confusing, and I feel like I’m getting the run around by someone. Wait a second, does he mean my specific situation is in need of a certain kind of discussion because it’s more severe than others? Is that what he means? I think i may have misunderstood..

Last edited:

Askannon

Veteran endo
Could just be that Person A doesn't know what Person B does.
It may be correct that FB currently has no (fulltime) CMs, but that doesn't preclude someone being responsible for it.
I don't think that this is a case of you being handed around by malice. Happenstance, sure.

I also don't know what you did to "earn" a server ban, but generally I would assume that after 2-3 years any feelings about it have cooled down (and let's be honest, we're both not so important as to warrant getting played by FB) ^^

J.D.

Veteran endo
Could just be that Person A doesn't know what Person B does.
It may be correct that FB currently has no (fulltime) CMs, but that doesn't preclude someone being responsible for it.
I don't think that this is a case of you being handed around by malice. Happenstance, sure.

I also don't know what you did to "earn" a server ban, but generally I would assume that after 2-3 years any feelings about it have cooled down (and let's be honest, we're both not so important as to warrant getting played by FB) ^^
Yea, that makes sense.. I’m over here conspiracy theorizing because I’m crazy.. lol thanks again, man. You are a cool dude. hopefully in time it’ll get worked out.

Last edited: