CTA EVENT - Capture The Asteroid [Suggestion]

The goal is to capture an asteroid and bring it to the ore deposit, it's like a Capture The Flag.
It can be played in Free for All or in Team mode.
An exact a square or cube, circle or sphere stations is needed. An Asteroid is placed in the middle to be captured and then players have to bring it back to the ore deposits.
Player can catch the asteroid with Cargo Lock Frames or Cargo Beams or just push it with their ships
In Free for All, the winner is the one that sell the Asteroid in an Ore Deposit.
In Team Mode, the winning team is the one that sell the ore in their color corresponding ore deposit.
CTA.png

Possible gamemode and rules:

-NoGun on ship
-Multiples Asteroids
-Light on the asteroid’s bearer
-Ship must be colored by Team
-Only Cargo Lock Frame / Only Cargo Beam / Pushing Only
-Imposed Ship Design
-Different Asteroid Size
-Factions vs Factions

Let me know what you think about this idea :D

Last edited:

XenoCow

Master endo
I think this could be a fun game for someone to set up. Potentially the owner of the game station could charge a fee to offset station and ship upkeep costs as well as to add to a prize pool (the asteroid alone wouldn't be worth much unless it was of a rare ore or too big to easily move).

The only problem I see now would be about how to actually move the asteroid. I don't think that things can be taken from cargo lock beams or cargo frames. So only pushing it around would work. It might be more like soccer. Ships would probably have large scoops on the front to guide the asteroid (ball) in the desired direction.