Custom Signs?

So I'm sure other people have had this idea an talked about this before as well, but I still think this is an interesting topic, so custom signs, how I think it could work is they would have templates you could choose and put on your sign however you want, or maybe even fully customizable with people being able to bring in designs they made themselves, so no one sign could be the same, anyone else think this is an interesting idea?

XenoCow

Master endo
Maybe a system of primitives (simple shapes and symbols) would work. It would help to give everything a look that matches with the style of the rest of the signs and would limit abuse to some extent. However, I would prefer image imports with some sort of tool that "hologramizes" them to match the in-game style.

Venombrew

Master endo
if you guys don't know the game, look into Archeage, they allowed custom player made images for sails, signs, banners, housing walls, etc. this was probably 6+ years ago and it never really produced any kind of lag. the only draw back was, yes the images were custom made outside the game, but could only be put in certain spots, like the sails on a boat but not on the haul.

if i remember right the process was this, took any image you want and added it to the archeage folder i think labeled WTF. then in game you could pull that image up when making a crest, it was pretty simple. i remember guys last year had Donald Trump's picture on the sails of their warships.

Verbatos

Veteran endo
Wasn't there a COD game or something like that, that allowed players to make custom clan pictures or something with 50~ish shapes (idk don't play those games saw it in a YT vid a few years back), maybe something like that could be implemented.

It would allow for more player expression and allow player-made factions to show off their unique style and flair as well as providing a new job an endo could do for the rest of the universe, sign making!

Venombrew

Master endo
Wasn't there a COD game or something like that, that allowed players to make custom clan pictures or something with 50~ish shapes (idk don't play those games saw it in a YT vid a few years back), maybe something like that could be implemented.
there was, i also don't remember which game it was since there was so many, but I use to have an Icon made out of color shapes that looked just like the Scarface movie cover, which was pretty common at one point.

L9M2

Learned-to-sprint endo
It it was COD Black OPs that intruduced the idea of custom emblems, but yeah.
It would be nice to have something like that as a feature to make faction emblems, or at least signage, maybe make it fancy like you're designing a "webpage" or something xD and you can have the ability to rotate text and stuff.