Dev diaries

Henkka77

Active endo
o7

I would like to see some sort of development diaries in video form. People love to watch those and since your development is very open anyways, it would be a great addition.
And since some people in Discord argued that those are away from development time, i can assure you that one few minute long video per week for example, isnt away from development.
For example, staff introductionary videos would be very interesting stuff. ;)

Thanks

VenlaFB

Community Manager
Hiya,

Thanks for the suggestion! We'd like to consider our development open as well and we find it important that people can see what we have done in a week, thus the weekly progress notes.

Developer diaries would be a neat addition to the progress notes, though they would definitely require more work and I'm not sure if we currently have enough time to make them. However, we will take your idea into consideration, but I can't promise that you'll be seeing development diaries in the future.

Btw, have you checked Kenetor's YouTube channel? He makes videos of the progress notes we publish here. I think his videos are great, especially for people who enjoy watching videos more than reading about the same subject.

Kenetor

Master endo
I have also asked for dev diary style videos too, introduce the team bit by bot, show the office off and 1 or 2 different bits worked on each week.
System Era who make Astroneer do a great job with this and they dont have to be every week either.
But I also agree lets get at least EA out first then go from there I think.

Venia thanks for recommending my channel!

Hiya,

Thanks for the suggestion! We'd like to consider our development open as well and we find it important that people can see what we have done in a week, thus the weekly progress notes.

Developer diaries would be a neat addition to the progress notes, though they would definitely require more work and I'm not sure if we currently have enough time to make them. However, we will take your idea into consideration, but I can't promise that you'll be seeing development diaries in the future.

Btw, have you checked Kenetor's YouTube channel? He makes videos of the progress notes we publish here. I think his videos are great, especially for people who enjoy watching videos more than reading about the same subject.
Maybe just have LindaFB carry a camera around on the candy cart and ask people working on Starbase a few questions like:
What are you working on right now?
What’s the hardest thing you’ve done this week? (SB related)
What’s your favorite thing you’ve done this week?
(Also yes I read the introductions I know what the candy cart is)