First Day Impressions

(This is basically what VampiricDust did)

Menu & Spawn
The music is a bit loud, but easily turned down. The menu itself is beautiful and I hope in the future it will randomize between different (public) stations every time you load the game. The options can feel overwhelming, so maybe have a tab with the major options. Spawning in for the first time is when I got my only lag, which is completely understandable for everything loading in. It is really beautiful, and maybe have some signs with basic controls/a helper in the top left or something.

Performance
I can’t believe how well it performs. I have a horrible computer, and I experience NO lag while playing (excluding everything loading in). I did have a time when the WiFi completely failed (for the computer) but I might have just kicked a cable, I don’t think it was the game’s fault.

Knowing where to go
Kind of understandable, with the big floating signs, but maybe a public transport to and from the ship designer and ship market? It seems like a long walk, although I haven’t taken it. Marketplace is ok, could be better if it had a directory sign?

The Grind
I’ve raised around 120k credits, but it seems like I have to do that 7 more times to get a ship that I can make money off of. Seems a bit long, but I understand that there will be companies and factions in the future and more jobs to do so the grind won’t be too bad (also the economy will balance out).

The jobs themselves
Mining job is really fun, have yet to try it out with more people. Assembly job is very confusing. Snapping doesn’t want to snap, rotation is kind of odd, I can’t even cheese it right! To improve, I would make snapping more forgiving or teach me how to use it properly. (Note: future me here, I was using it wrong. Turns out, C toggles it! Don’t know what I was thinking.)

Music and graphics
Music is beautiful, and I love how it plays constantly in the background but never gets in your way. I have graphics at the default settings, and I love them. Everything looks beautiful.

On to day two!

Last edited: