Grave/Volgrim Suggestions!

I thought I would compile each of my suggestions for the game in one big threat to look back at and keep updated in case anyone finds my input valuable.

Bevel Ship Pieces: This is just a longshot, but figuring out a way to seamlessly add beveled edges to all the ship hull pieces on those hard angles. Could be a great way to improve visuals granted there is a way to do so. Like a normal map generator. But I imagine having destructible pieces would make this pretty hard to do without issues.

Emote Inventory: The ability to upload .bvh files into the game, to create custom emotes you can then share with friends. Maybe even allow for uploading .wav files to add sounds to the emotes. Having a little emote editor too for pacing and multiple animations / sounds. This would encourage more creativity and add a layer of fun and unpredictable encounters with players. I have made some really bizarre emotes in other games that have this option that make people laugh and have a good time.

De-render Bolts: I noticed the hundreds of bolts that you use to keep a ship together are actually visible outside of the editor? Perhaps adding an option so they are only visible on your ship in the editor would help people using lower end PCs with any sort of lag they might experience while rendering many different ships. It may not be much, but it would be something.

Ship Boarding: All ships should require a boarding node for forced boarding from landing crafts equipped with some sort of forward mounted thing to achieve it. Boarding ship slams into other ship, crew teleports to the boarding node. Can be placed in a spot most convenient for the crew to defend from. I think that would be a pretty neat mechanic for boarding ships in flight like a true pirate.

Magnetic Attachment Slots: For attaching smaller attack ships inside the interior of a carrier ship for some interesting squad play, deploying when needed or at the target location for an assault. Maybe have a size limit similar to the general ship size limit for the mag slots. Or for slotting automated attack drones that stay close to the ship and defend it, deploy/retreat on command via a button.

Better Window Visuals: Add a film of transparent gradient around all the edges of windows, and make it possible to tint the outside surface of window pieces, or just offer a set of pieces with varied tints.

Add a more sleek / feminine body type to customization to appeal to all audiences. Does not have to have big "assets" or anything. Just something less masculine.

Private Chat Quality of Life: Sending messages to players that are offline should store those messages until they log in via a mail system they can read through and respond. Thus players making deals in game don't have to rely on the person being online. Or just a raw mail system to make sure they see the important message and don't lose it. Quality of life systems to make chat more like an instant messenger app would be appreciated. Storing logs of chat history with a player while logged in can also be done client side into a folder on the players PC.

Player Profile Update: Add a manual search tool for looking up profiles of players you have recently encountered. Provide buttons like friend adding, muting, and other social features relevant to that player.

That's all for now! I'll keep you posted. <3

Last edited:

Verbatos

Veteran endo
These all seem like pretty neat ideas! Although a lot of them would be harder to run, stuff like custom emotes take a bit longer to download client-side than stuff like custom decals. Magnetic slots can be recreated with tractor beams and creative ship boarding is already fundamental to the game, so it might be a little jarring to change it. Bolts being shown is also important since it shows enemies where things are attached and where they can cut to remove pieces.