Hype dying down

Venixer

Well-known endo
Anyone gets the distinctive feeling that because of the announcement and the rapid flood of faction formations happening, and huge discussions about ships and what to do, that things have started to wear down?

I've noticed a number of popular discord groups slowly starting to grow more and more silent.

Azelous

Veteran endo
I would say that this is necessary. The game isn't out, the only thing to discuss is the hypothetical. People can only do so much political maneuvering and theory crafting without the actual game. It's good that people are stepping away from the game for now, it means that they've showed interest, and they'll likely come back when there's something new. Many people will feel burnout if they force themselves to stay for every little thing about a game that's not been released.

Guedez

Learned-to-sprint endo
The novelty of unreleased stuff ends up pretty fast, without novelty, there's no hype.
Or at least, no discussion, as there's nothing to discuss.
I am hyped for the game, but at the same time, I am already scrapping the barrel by discussing the discussion meta. There's little to talk about until the game releases

Atreties

Veteran endo
Forums got released. Many discussions bloomed from being unable to reasonably have them in a discord chatroom type environment. Many questions were asked and answered. After a while without new media coming out and especially after FrozenByte does a great job of answering every question and concern thoroughly, there's not much left to ask about or discuss. Once the game becomes playable, forums will explode again.

Venixer

Well-known endo
hype can peak, and then it won't plateau, but then drop. So if Frozenbyte is wise, and I would think they are, the early access release will be sooner rather than later. The reason is, they've been very consistent with their information and video drops and its unlikely that they will contribute less, but rather more.

Kimsemus

Well-known endo
I think this kind of ebb and flow is normal. There was the initial announcement which generated good hype, now things will probably simmer until EA. It's a normal cycle. Even Discord has slowed down, but that's okay. As long as Frozenbyte keeps communicating, keeps posting some content tidbits, and (hopefully) begins to solidify and flesh out the nuts and bolts of the game systems, it should all be fine.