I am regretting my purchase after 7 hours of gameplay :/

Warning: Whiney Post Ahead

While I am sure piloting and designing your own spaceships is VERY exciting for some people; for other players, like me, this is boring, and there are PLENTY of other games out there that offer this feature. I do not want to own and fly my own spaceship. I would be much happier as a crewmember or something for somebody else's spaceship, if there was something to do other than build the spaceship. I am not afraid of PvP, but where is it, without building and owning my own ship that is? I would like to grind some space MMO PvE. Heck, I even enjoyed the wrecker mini-game you play at the station to earn credits by wrecking junked spaceships, but it has an earnings cap and it not really relevant to the game at all so far.

Is there are any transport service or something I can hire to take me someplace other then the default stations where I can find more to do?

I only have 7 hours under my belt in the game and I have run out of interesting stuff to participate in. This is supposed to be a space MMO, and I was hopeful about that when I made my purchase earlier today, but there is only one activity to participate in. Like, what can we do that does not involve building stuff and flying?

Shulace

Well-known endo
I'm sure there are some big groups that do pirating or pirate hunting, check out the discord recruitment channel. They are pretty active so you should enjoy that.

J’étais aussi déconcerté au début du jeu mais maintenant aprés 60 heures je trouve ce jeu exceptionnel. Concernant la construction de vaisseaux vous n'êtes pas obligé de la faire (regardez les hangars de differentes marques) il y a plus de 80 vaisseaux a vendre (bien mieux qu'Elite ou Star Citizen) seulement au début il va vous falloir passer du temps (genre 30 heures minimum) pour piocher et obtenir des minerais. Pour le PVP ça commence dés la sortie de la zone safe, avec mon groupe on a déjà du combattre des pirates qui attendent leurs proies et encore le système de guerre entre guilde n'est pas encore fonctionnel (ce jeu n'a qu'une semaine). Courage ce jeu demande réflexion, stratégie et l'idéal est de jouer avec quelques amis pour survivre déjà mais aussi avoir le chasseur de vos rêves.

Foraven

Veteran endo
Is there are any transport service or something I can hire to take me someplace other then the default stations where I can find more to do?
The game is early access, lots of it's features are missing or incomplete. I'm sure a lot of what you are looking for will eventually be included in this game. While you may not like building and caring for your own ship, learning how they are made and how they work is very useful for when you will play with or against other players. Knowing how to fix or break ships for example.

I'm sure there are some big groups that do pirating or pirate hunting, check out the discord recruitment channel. They are pretty active so you should enjoy that.
What recruitment team wants a complete noob who has no practice with this stuff or even owns anything on their team? Normally in an MMO, there is PvE content to help players gain resources to buy equipment and also familliarize themselves with controls and combat before they jump into something more high stakes. I know that I would not feel comfortable or enjoy offering my services for PvP content when I do not even own any of my own personal weapons yet. I can play the mini games they have at stations to at least grind for credits and buy stuff, but those have credit earning limits and I have no other options in game to actually practice using weapons on if I do manage to get my hands on some.

The game is early access, lots of it's features are missing or incomplete. I'm sure a lot of what you are looking for will eventually be included in this game. While you may not like building and caring for your own ship, learning how they are made and how they work is very useful for when you will play with or against other players. Knowing how to fix or break ships for example.
I understand that the game is in alpha and I also understand that learning about ships is important. The point I am trying to get across here is that the game needs more, and fast. This game is for sale on Steam for almost $50. That is how I bought the game, and the game brands itself as a space MMO with more than just building and designing ships. I bought this game for that other stuff the game is advertising, but where is it? "The content is coming" is just a cop-out. If I pay that kind of money for a game because it shows me videos of FPS fighting and stuff in a space MMO, I am going to want to jump into the stuff it is showing me that is interersting. I understand that these things are technically in the game, but there is no way to reach these things unless I invest significant time and effort into something I do not care about.

The feeling that you wasted money on something is something you remember. If it was not for the positive impressions that the graphics and controls of this game have had on me already, I would have left already and not looked back. I know this is an incomplete Alpha, but players should be able to at least get a taste for everything the game is advertising when people pay money for it. And also, for that matter, why is everything gated behind one activity anyway?

(genre 30 heures minimum)
Je parle francais tres mal. Seriously, I did not understand what you posted. I could have Google translated, but meh, this quoted part was all I really saw and I think it told me what you want to say. Your line is dismissive and complete baloney. I do not need 30 hours of play to leave a negative review on Steam and get a refund for this game. If I am unhappy enough with what I got, I will do it. I did not do it, but that is why I am posting here, because I almost did. This game has a problem that needs to be fixed, or I would imagine more negative reviews are coming.

Salbris

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
Yes there is no PvE content but there is a massive zone that is 100% open season on ships. If you want to do PvP it's out there but this is a sandbox game not a linear story game there might eventually be PvE combat but the game will always be focused on PvP.

Venombrew

Master endo
playing and testing out unfinished games may not be for you. it tells you before you buy it that it is not complete and missing content, and it may also not make it to Starbase 1.0, and that you may enjoy the game later down the road.

out of curiousity why would you buy a sandbox crafting game if your not into crafting? there are pvp features, one of my crew member only gets on to pvp with us and prefers to let us do the crafting stuff and he plays more as a soldier, but he also knew that this is a game built around crafting and eventually he too will have to start crafting to advance personally. you craft ships, items, stations, and even lots soon, but it is very much a crafting game.

Ce que je voulais dire c'est ce jeu en alpha demande effectivement beaucoup d'heures d'investissement moi aussi je pensai pouvoir combattre rapidement mais mes amis (qui viennent de Dual Universe) m'expliquent comment crafter, faire de l'artisanat et finalement c'est pas mal, il n'y avait rien de dédaigneux dans mes propos. A terme ce jeu sera vrai très bon je pense.